rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
do you s550 owners have a gap on the ends of trunk lid by tail lights, seen alot with this, check yours out, thanks
Yours is little waay off to one side. I have it too with probably most of everyone else but not that bad. Is the trunk lid itself off as well, doesn't look like it in the pic?

ugh my trunk lid seems to line up just fine, but the plastic panel is a different story... it dosen't line up with anything :(
The left rear quarter panel on these cars are shall we say, off spec a little.

The left taillight needs to be shimmed outward with .060 washers; 1 washer on the quarter panel stud side and 2 washers for each stud on the trunk lid side. Near perfect after that...at least on mine.
20160808_132406.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
sorry didn't update.

i did not get any successful results from the dealership. tailight panel did not separate, so it has to be the lights.

so i went with what rvlyssup said above and bought washers from home depot. it took 3 washers on the bottom and two on the top to get this far on the driver side light:

i don't know if it's very visible, but you can see that there is a scuff mark on the top of the bumper, where the corner of the light has been rubbing against the paint all this time. when i pulled the light out, i realized that there was a notch for a clip on the light to slot into, and the light was not in the notch so all this time it's been grinding into the paint. fml. the passenger light only took one washer top and bottom to line up.

anyway, that scuff marks how far out i had to space the light out to make it almost line up with the panel. i didn't want to add any more washers because the more you use, the gap between the light and the panel gets wider as it starts to to pivot away, and the light gets really tight in the corner where it meets the fender, so this is about as good as it will get for mine... your results may vary.

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Lol. I would be happy if mine looked like that. Mine is taller on one side than the other.
rofl same. My actual trunk lid has always been off. Dealer has looked and "did what they can do".

I just live with it.
Sponsored