Sponsored

Trunk lid and center trim panel adjustments to even out gap?

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Hey guys,

New to Mustangs and about to pull the trigger on a '19.

I noticed the trunk lid sits ever so slightly below the body line on one side but slightly above on the other.

That and the gloss black panel in between the tail lights has a larger gap on one side.

Are those two things adjustable? If not I might have to look for a darker color! Hopefully it's just a matter of loosening some screw and tweaking things a bit? Can someone confirm?

Thanks in advance.
REAREND.jpg
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The side inclination is easily corrected with the rubber 'bumpers' inside the trunk, on each side. You can also adjust the vertical distance a little, if it ends up too tight or too loose, by loosening the metal bottom latch... but I think that requires removing the long plastic trim over that part. It shouldn't be needed, for what I can see on the picture you posted. The black part could be loosened and moved a little, I assume. It attaches by tabs, but there're 2 bolts at the top corner when you have the trunk lid open. You could loosen those 2, and try to push it a little where needed. You might have to adjust one of the taillights if the gap is not evened out to your liking. Hope this helps. And I've seen much worse, so that's not bad at all :).