Sponsored

trunk lid gap

Glen H.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
do you s550 owners have a gap on the ends of trunk lid by tail lights, seen alot with this, check yours out, thanks
IMG_9324.jpg
Sponsored

BiloxiFun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Mine looks like this. And is RR too.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Welcome. Nice first post. Search will yield tons of results on panel gap.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Lol. I would be happy if mine looked like that. Mine is taller on one side than the other.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
do you s550 owners have a gap on the ends of trunk lid by tail lights, seen alot with this, check yours out, thanks
Considered normal for Mustangs unfortunately. Saw your license plate, hope you had a better experience with KG then I did.

Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Mine's sort of goofy too. It's like this on both sides. I contacted my dealer about it but they're blowing me off. These panels are 2 separate pieces glued together. I took the whole thing off to look at it and it's slowly but surely separating, and this piece gets no sun and very little use. Probably just going to get an aftermarket blank at some point and put a badge on it.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine doesnt exactly line up
If you haven't tried it, on the trunk hinges there is an adjustment screw that you can play with to see if it helps. Not sure how much it actually adjusts. Video below shows them.

[ame]

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
ugh my trunk lid seems to line up just fine, but the plastic panel is a different story... it dosen't line up with anything :(

Last edited:

Sponsored

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
when i first saw it on the lot, i swear it lined up... and now it dosen't. mine is a 06/15 build date. i took it to my service department for the first time and i didn't even have to point it out to my service advisor because he could see it from inside his office out the window. he made an appointment for me next week so that they can bring it to the bodyshop they use next door and see if anything can be done. i don't know if it's something in the trunk lid itself, or the tailights.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

Mine doesnt exactly line up
Wow! I would never take delivery of a car in that condition. I take my sweet time inspecting my new cars before driving them off the lot and never had an issue.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
when i first saw it on the lot, i swear it lined up... and now it dosen't. mine is a 06/15 build date. i took it to my service department for the first time and i didn't even have to point it out to my service advisor because he could see it from inside his office out the window. he made an appointment for me next week so that they can bring it to the bodyshop they use next door and see if anything can be done. i don't know if it's something in the trunk lid itself, or the tailights.
Heh, same problem. If you take it off, or even without taking it off, if you pull on it a bit and look behind it with a flashlight, it's actually 2 separate pieces that are glued together. Mine is slowly getting worse because the glue that holds the 2 pieces together is some sort of cheapo shit. Mine doesn't even sit in the sun. I'd bet it's all the same issue for anybody where the plastic trunk piece doesn't line up.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
Heh, same problem. If you take it off, or even without taking it off, if you pull on it a bit and look behind it with a flashlight, it's actually 2 separate pieces that are glued together. Mine is slowly getting worse because the glue that holds the 2 pieces together is some sort of cheapo shit. Mine doesn't even sit in the sun. I'd bet it's all the same issue for anybody where the plastic trunk piece doesn't line up.
what did the dealer say? would they replace it or do they just say it's normal?
Sponsored