Sponsored

True 50th LE Ownership input

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
For those of you who own the true 50th LE (1 of the 1,964), can you please add your Ownership experiences here, being that the vehicle is now 7 years past its introduction.

1) A/C System -
Any issues with the A/C or common EVAP core problems? Was it the A/C compressor or EVAP that failed?

2) MT82 -
- Any issues with the gearbox operation or shifting functionalities?
- Any issues with clutch slave cylinder?

3) 6R80 -
Any issues with harsh shifts or valve body concerns?

4) Engine -
- Oil consumption issues?
- VCT issues?
- Intake (IMRC) issues?
- Water pump issues?

5) Heated/Cooled Seats -
This has been a hot topic (no pun intended) on these forums from the initial rollout of the S550. Most common complaint is the cooling aspect. Do you agree or have you had any other issues with the heated/cooling seats?

6) SYNC -
- Have you upgraded your 2015 SYNC to the most current version available?
- Have you upgraded to that of the 2018+ Upgrading to the 2018+ may require swapping of the APIM or other components.
- Have you added CarPlay?

7) Paint/Corrosion -
Any issues with hood (rust, corrosion or peeling)?

8) Long term ownership experience to date as far as reliability and expectation?

9) Any other issues that have not been touched on above?

10) Has anyone tried to add the 2018+ Active Exhaust?
Sponsored

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
I bought mine used so there are things that may have happened before me. (#1401 KB Auto)
I have 47k miles on it. I don't drive it too hard but I don't baby it either. It is my daily driver.

I had to replace the backup camera once, now there is a recall for them. No issues since.

The cooling seats don't work worth a darn. It seems like sometimes they do and most times they do not. Is there a fix for this? Thought it was just me.

The paint is a weak point, my car was not well cared for by the original owner. There are chips and road rash all over it. I want to repaint it at some point. I don't think any amount of paint correction can fix this.

I put the Ford Power pack 2 on there, GT350 intake and throttle body with the Ford tune. It runs great. No engine or transmission issues. Just replaced the original battery a few days ago.

I would love to try the Active exhaust, the only reason I don't upgrade my mufflers is because I like my neighbors and leave for work around 5:30AM. I need to look into this further.

I ordered the Steeda rear chasis braces, can't wait to get them on the car and see how that feels /helps. Should be here Saturday.
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-rear-irs-subframe-brace-2015-coupe-555-5754.html

I would like to put the Ford lowering springs on there next, any feedback on that is welcomed.

Overall I love this car. The only thing that has been a pain for me is the front alignment, I had 2 different Ford dealers align it, and still my front tires are cupping badly. This is annoying, noisy and smells horrible after a hot drive.

Not many people recognize it is a limited car, but when someone does it feels pretty cool.

I would do it all over again in an instant.

50thLE_CEMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniversary LE Mustang GT
Questions 1 - 5: no. Car has been very reliable. Then again, my car was only used for 782 miles from its 11/2014 build date to when I bought it in mid 2020 and it's only past 9k miles now, which may not be enough miles for issues to pop up. I know the wiing harness for the seats is prone to failure, but there already is a revised one for sale, so I will be replacing it in the near future

6 - Yes. When upgrading to Sync 3 the APIM is the main component that you replace, so any meaningful upgrade will require an APIM swap - there are minor updates to sync 2 (AKA MFT) but are just bug fixes and you won't notice any meaningful difference, I didn't bother with those. Sync 3 has been in Mustangs since 2016, not exclusive to 2018+ cars. Once you upgrade to sync 3, you only need to get the latest USB hub from Ford to get Apple carplay - you really should swap the hub anyways when doing the upgrade, since the SD card and the aux are not supported by sync 3.

7 - No corrosion issues. The previous owner barely drove the car and I added PPF on the front clip within the first 1k miles, so I'm hoping I won't have issues.

8 and 9 - As stated above, car has been a champ. It threw a CEL when I took it out of hibernation this year, but it cleared within 50 miles of driving. Probably just its way to let me know that it's wasn't happy about been parked that long.

10 - There is a thread in this forum about adding the OEM active exhaust actuators to your existing setup, but you need to modify the motors and also need to add a switch to your interior to control them, only options are open or closed. I don't think there's a way to add it and have it fuction as in a car that has it from the factory.

50thLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50YearLE #35
Original owner of 0035 with no problems except for the resonator starting to rattle at 500 miles on the odometer and I replaced it with a STEEDA X pipe.

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
For those of you who own the true 50th LE (1 of the 1,964), can you please add your Ownership experiences here, being that the vehicle is now 7 years past its introduction.

answer - #504, Kona Blue, Manual trans, bought used this spring with 50k on it

1) A/C System -
Any issues with the A/C or common EVAP core problems? Was it the A/C compressor or EVAP that failed?

Answer: AC rocked hard while we were on HotRod Power Tour this year, is was BRUTAL heat, air temps in the mid-upper 90's and heat indexes in the 110's.

2) MT82 -

Answer: trans shifts smooth and positively, no problems even when slammed hard on rough launch.

3) 6R80 -

Answer: N/A

4) Engine -
- VCT issues?
- Intake (IMRC) issues?
- Water pump issues?

Answer: no issues at all, runs like a top. smooth and strong.

5) Heated/Cooled Seats -
This has been a hot topic (no pun intended) on these forums from the initial rollout of the S550. Most common complaint is the cooling aspect. Do you agree or have you had any other issues with the heated/cooling seats?

Answer: the ventilated seats are a must have now for any car I ever own in the south again. awesome. yes they take a bit to get going, but they do work and they are worth it imho.

6) SYNC -
- Have you upgraded to that of the 2018+ Upgrading to the 2018+ may require swapping of the APIM or other components.

Answer: still have OEM Sync, it's ~ok~. want to get the Sync3 conversion for car play tho. CarPlay is friggin awesome.

7) Paint/Corrosion -

Answer: some tiny bubbles on the leading edge of the hood, we will be getting those repaired at a local shop along with some minor road rash on the front bumper cover.

8) Long term ownership experience to date as far as reliability and expectation?

Answer: still a short term owner.

Answer: not yet.

Answer: not the active exhaust, but added a Roush catback. my wife is an extremely light sleeper, i can pull in at night and not wake her up with it, which if you knew her you'd know that is no easy feat. I can go gentle down the street without waking up the neighbors, but at full honk it sounds very nice. far better than I expected based on the sound clips I've found on youtube and etc. I would reccomend the Roush to anyone who didn't want to get a Borla Attak/Corsa Xtreme level noise. it's built well and sounds awesome without being offensive to others.
answers above

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I’ve owned 2. The evap core failed in both and was replaced under warranty.

My paint on both was great. Biggest complaint about the body was the trunk fitment at pass side rear corner.

I did add sync 3 with CarPlay to the second one. We’ll worth it. Requires new APIM or whatever that is, screen and USB port in the console.

I had 6r80 in both and that transmission is amazing and nearly bulletproof. 275 was making a shade over 600 rwhp and it lived and shifted fine. I had an mt82 in my 2011 and it made 585 rwhp for 4 years without a single problem, trans included. Shifted fine.

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary Limited Edition MT
Vehicle Showcase

1) A/C System -
No problem

2) MT82 -
No problem. Once in a while 2-3 is a little clunky, but not really.

3) 6R80 -
n/a

4) Engine -
- VCT issues?
- Intake (IMRC) issues?
- Water pump issues?
None

5) Heated/Cooled Seats -
Back portion doesn't get cold

6) SYNC -
I did update MFT, but I have since gotten SYNC 3 from Hellhorse. I did not get the navigation unit since I use CarPlay for navigation

7) Paint/Corrosion -
I have a small corrosion spot on my hood. Hard to notice, but it is there.

Great car. I am not the original owner. I have had the car for 3 years. It hasn't given me any problems, knock on wood.

Hill start assist, traction control was not working during my test drive. Also, rear turn signal had that known problem when the battery is low. Dealer fixed everything before I took the car home.

No
Sponsored