50th LE vs 50th Appearance Package

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
First, I own an LE (1260) and I'm glad Ford made a 50th version for the mass public. I just didn't (and don't) get the fact of the biggest anniversary the Mustang has ever had (50 yrs-only beaten by Corvette) and Ford let it slip by fairly quietly with only 1964 Anniversary LE cars. Heck I would have voted for 5000 LEs--100 per year of the Mustang--one for anyone who really wanted one. In 1999 (Model Year) ALL 1999 cars had 35th Anniversary badging--very nice fender badge. (04 and 09 alike for the 40th and 45th).

Only issue for me I guess is that in 99...the 99 LE was vastly different on the exterior then the normal 99s. Now with the 50th Appearance pack-not so much, so I'm taking advantage of that fact.

Anyway--getting to a point. I'm about to Order an EB auto for a daily driver. Was going to wait for 2016 with the new version of My Ford Touch (or whatever it will be called) but have decided to get the 15 so everything matches up to my LE to avoid doing it one way in one car and another ...you get the idea. I have NO interest in using the LE as a daily driver. So yes it is a $47k paperweight but I'm an idiot and don't care.

So I'm thinking of a Race Red mini-me (EB Perf Pak) with the 50th Anniversary Appearance Package. This has me wondering just what the differences are between the LE and the Appearance Package, and not much is what I'm finding. Please educate me if I'm missing something.

50th LE -what it contains that the 50th Appearance Pack does not:

2 colors- WW and Kona blue. Hopefully Ford keeps these colors off other Mustangs for at least 5 yrs. I can see them using WW on the 2016 Shelby-Ford has a history of taking unique items from LEs within a yr or two to dress up the regular line for a refresh)
*2 tone interior with contrast stitching (also contrast stitching on plain floor mats)
Chrome side window trim
3 layer side window (65 look)
Gift pack from Ford
signed picture and for some a shipping cover)

*50th Appearance pack has the same interior but just in black, seats embossed, non-illuminated sill plates etc EB 50th App Pack has the faux gas cap with a Pony instead of "GT" with 50 Years lettering

Missing any unique 50th LE items?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
First, I own an LE (1260) and I'm glad Ford made a 50th version for the mass public. I just didn't (and don't) get the fact of the biggest anniversary the Mustang has ever had (50 yrs-only beaten by Corvette) and Ford let it slip by fairly quietly with only 1964 Anniversary LE cars. Heck I would have voted for 5000 LEs--100 per year of the Mustang--one for anyone who really wanted one. In 1999 (Model Year) ALL 1999 cars had 35th Anniversary badging--very nice fender badge. (04 and 09 alike for the 40th and 45th).

Only issue for me I guess is that in 99...the 99 LE was vastly different on the exterior then the normal 99s. Now with the 50th Appearance pack-not so much, so I'm taking advantage of that fact.

Anyway--getting to a point. I'm about to Order an EB auto for a daily driver. Was going to wait for 2016 with the new version of My Ford Touch (or whatever it will be called) but have decided to get the 15 so everything matches up to my LE to avoid doing it one way in one car and another ...you get the idea. I have NO interest in using the LE as a daily driver. So yes it is a $47k paperweight but I'm an idiot and don't care.

So I'm thinking of a Race Red mini-me (EB Perf Pak) with the 50th Anniversary Appearance Package. This has me wondering just what the differences are between the LE and the Appearance Package, and not much is what I'm finding. Please educate me if I'm missing something.

50th LE -what it contains that the 50th Appearance Pack does not:

2 colors- WW and Kona blue. Hopefully Ford keeps these colors off other Mustangs for at least 5 yrs. I can see them using WW on the 2016 Shelby-Ford has a history of taking unique items from LEs within a yr or two to dress up the regular line for a refresh)
*2 tone interior with contrast stitching (also contrast stitching on plain floor mats)
Chrome side window trim
3 layer side window (65 look)
Gift pack from Ford
signed picture and for some a shipping cover)

*50th Appearance pack has the same interior but just in black, seats embossed, non-illuminated sill plates etc EB 50th App Pack has the faux gas cap with a Pony instead of "GT" with 50 Years lettering

Missing any unique 50th LE items?
Yup, there is a whole thread on the differences.

OP
OP

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I'll run search again........
EDIT: hmm only major thread I found just lists the differences I note above -when comparing a GT PP with an LE--obviously on a EB even with the Perf Pak the brakes, suspension is different as the EB upgrade to standard GTs spec. I'm excluding things like unique vins and parts numbers etc...just looking toward different physical items on the cars (LE vs 50th Appp Pak).

But then again, when the EB arrives I guess I'll be able to do a 1-1 comparison.

Last edited:

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
You can get PP auto on EB with 50th AP

Sponsored

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
I'll run search again........
EDIT: hmm only major thread I found just lists the differences I note above -when comparing a GT PP with an LE--obviously on a EB even with the Perf Pak the brakes, suspension is different as the EB upgrade to standard GTs spec. I'm excluding things like unique vins and parts numbers etc...just looking toward different physical items on the cars (LE vs 50th Appp Pak).

But then again, when the EB arrives I guess I'll be able to do a 1-1 comparison.
The LE has Machined Aluminum staggered wheels
The Appearance wheels are Luster Nickle, non-staggered

The LE Brake pads are Police Grade

OP
OP

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys...yeah...aware of those changes (staggered wheels but didn't realize the actual wheel in terms of finish was different-thanks)...I'm just curious if you put a 50th appearance Gt next to a 50th LE...what is visually really different...obviously color and side window molding and 3 layered glass really jump out....just trying to figure out what else.

I'm also wondering what from the 50th LE will eventually make its way to normal production. I'm hoping paint color, interior and side triple layered windows made the grade over time as unique. As the cars get 3-4-5-6 yrs old Ford (GM etc) starts looking for ways to dress up current models without a total redo.

Great catch on the wheels--I thought just the staggering.

Classic1967s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT Alloy w/ Silver Racing Stripes
I would not expect to see the colors, at least WW, on a mainstream production Mustang any time in the near future.

I also do not think they would add the three pane quarter window either, but a window scoop/louver is a possibility in the future.

I can see more two tone interiors offered down the line, but I feel the Cashmere is safe to be only for us.

I think the chrome window trim might flow over to mainstream production GTs eventually.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Thought I read somewhere that the LE wheels are machined (don't know if forged or cast) and partially painted and polished (and clear coated) AP Wheels are Cast and fully painted (as well as narrower).

Can someone verify?

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Thought I read somewhere that the LE wheels are machined (don't know if forged or cast) and partially painted and polished (and clear coated) AP Wheels are Cast and fully painted (as well as narrower).

Can someone verify?

This is true.

AP wheels are 19x8.5 and are painted argent silver (or something close to it) all over

LE wheels are 19x9 front and 19x9.5 rear and are machined face with dark silver painted back surfaces (everything that isn't the face). I love the LE wheels. Not so much the AP wheels

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Next issue is sill plates. Are they really "unique" to the 50th (LE and AP) as per the literature--50 Years sill plates (they sure as heck don't say 50 on them)?

I was looking at interior pics of 1965 Mustangs last night..saw the potential concept of our "50 years" plates if they are indeed unique--brushed alum--in 65 they had a stamped (indented) pattern on the top while the 15 LE/AP has a stamped (indented) MUSTANG on the top...similar effect, with a tie to history IF....

it really unique to the LE/AP...what kind of sill plates are found on base 6 bangers ( and base EB etc) that come with NON-illuminated sill plates? The LE/AP style plates or something different?

Time to go to a dealer lot (I just hate dealing with the sales dudes when I want to just look at a car).

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Next issue is sill plates. Are they really "unique" to the 50th (LE and AP) as per the literature--50 Years sill plates (they sure as heck don't say 50 on them)?

I was looking at interior pics of 1965 Mustangs last night..saw the potential concept of our "50 years" plates if they are indeed unique--brushed alum--in 65 they had a stamped (indented) pattern on the top while the 15 LE/AP has a stamped (indented) MUSTANG on the top...similar effect, with a tie to history IF....

it really unique to the LE/AP...what kind of sill plates are found on base 6 bangers ( and base EB etc) that come with NON-illuminated sill plates? The LE/AP style plates or something different?

Time to go to a dealer lot (I just hate dealing with the sales dudes when I want to just look at a car).

This one is unanswered. I see the thought behind the ones they came with though. But lighted would be nice.

Let us know what you find. I've been meaning to stop but I don't pass that way often at all
Sponsored