Sponsored

Troubleshooting my newly installed ESS G2 kit

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would the cause be that something about the setup was either not communicated right through the car information form you fill out for a tune (or through follow up emails), or the Lund calibrator made a mistake when entering that data when generating that tune?

If I was OP I'd still try to resolve the issue for the sake of science, and finding out what was actually wrong (if Lund would actually say what the problem was, and not just send a new file with different injectors data and say "try this one")

WE WILL NEVER KNOW
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
OP should send a Bill for the unnecessary rework he was asked to do. To Me, I have been reading reviews from people throughout the last few years who have had issues with Lunds tunning. The Lund Rep response of they have done thousands of these tunes means he most likely used a boilerplate Tune and never actually looked at your data log. And Why do People Cheelead for these guys? NFI
While it certainly seems like they (Lund) didn’t look at the logs closely or at all, I’d be willing to bet that nearly every big tuner uses boilerplate tunes.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
If I was OP I'd still try to resolve the issue for the sake of science, and finding out what was actually wrong (if Lund would actually say what the problem was, and not just send a new file with different injectors data and say "try this one")

WE WILL NEVER KNOW
Agreed. The OP has now paid for 2 tuners. No harm in seeing if Lund will own up to their mistake and then be left with 2 tunes to compare.

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
No, I get it, what he's getting at is assume for a second that Lund is correct, if you received a revised tune to accommodate that, you're just altering the tune to mask something mechanical that's truly an issue. Which is certainly possible. But it's ALSO possible that the tune file version you received is flawed and that is the part that I'm doubting Lund even considered. My first check (if I were the tuner) would be to say, hmmm, go ahead and reload this tune file and see what's what. OR they can take your tune file and easily run a comparison to another to see what the differences are.

Wengerd tunes quite a few cars as well, so maybe he can weigh in on whether your tune features some sort of drastic settings different from other comparable builds.

What solarflare is asking is a valid question, but the OTHER side of the question (whether the tune file is different somehow) is also possible and valid. Would definitely be worth knowing.
This tune required no drastic changes and was tuned just like every other ess car we do.

We got the initial read (just like lund) and did a comparison to verify stock .

Built the tune and he was good to go.

Lund most likely imported a (bin) base ess file they made into hpt and somewhere along the line something in the binary corrupted or they simply imported the incorrect os.

But the fact they did not at least look over the file or double check the OS matches the vins asbuilt seems strange.

If you look at the snap shot of the previous log i had uploaded it's clear you simply can not mask that large of an issue via tuning

Last edited:

Cashley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen2
This tune required no drastic changes and was tuned just like every other ess car we do.

We got the initial read (just like lund) and did a comparison to verify stock .

Built the tune and he was good to go.

Lund most likely imported a (bin) base ess file they made into hpt and somewhere along the line something in the binary corrupted or they simply imported the incorrect os.

But the fact they did not at least look over the file or double check the OS matches the vins asbuilt seems strange.

If you look at the snap shot of the previous log i had uploaded it's clear you simply can not mask that large of an issue via tuning
Thats the problem with Lund, they let their ego get in the way of helping a customer with an issue. They got too big and forgot where they came from. Bunch of losers!

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
30% is a lot at idle…..I just wanted clarification from Wengerd that he didn’t need to change anything really, that data was put in based on the OPs mods and it worked. People really took it the wrong way because Internet.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Thank you, @BluestreamDE, for sharing your experience with us all. I don't know if I could have been as polite as you have been through all of these posts.

I had already made up my mind some time ago who was tuning my 2023 when the time comes. I've seen too many times examples of Wengerd's service and too many people that are happy with his tunes, especially his transmission tuning for us with A10's. You can say what you want, but to take the time to review logs and even offer a free test tune, even if it was speed limited, says a lot to me about him.

Thank you, @Wengerd Performance. It was refreshing to see your response to this issue...

GTStang64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
OP thank you for sharing your experience! I was planning to get a tune soon to get a feel for the process so that when the time comes and i pull the trigger on the ESS kit I will have peace of mind for the process. I was originally looking at Lund , but have been reading more and more experiences like yours as of late. To see Wengerd go out of his way, create a test tune, and help you out even without being his customer has made this an easy choice now! Thank you!

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2004 350z, 2019 Nissan Titan
OP thank you for sharing your experience! I was planning to get a tune soon to get a feel for the process so that when the time comes and i pull the trigger on the ESS kit I will have peace of mind for the process. I was originally looking at Lund , but have been reading more and more experiences like yours as of late. To see Wengerd go out of his way, create a test tune, and help you out even without being his customer has made this an easy choice now! Thank you!
Glad I was of assistance in your build path. That’s what the forums are for right? Good luck to you also.

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2004 350z, 2019 Nissan Titan
Just a quick update, I plan to do a dyno this week or next week to close out the thread. The shop that I wanted to use is booked out so I will post up the slip when I get it. I may need to go shop around in another city close by like Austin or Houston here in TX. With my G2, 115mm pulley and G2 intercooler, I hope to see at least 650whp. If I make Any more, I will be happy.

Car runs really great! No misfires or abnormalities in the operation of the car. Again, big thanks to @Wengerd Performance to making my build a success.

gcadorette13

PoopStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just a quick update, I plan to do a dyno this week or next week to close out the thread. The shop that I wanted to use is booked out so I will post up the slip when I get it. I may need to go shop around in another city close by like Austin or Houston here in TX. With my G2, 115mm pulley and G2 intercooler, I hope to see at least 650whp. If I make Any more, I will be happy.

Car runs really great! No misfires or abnormalities in the operation of the car. Again, big thanks to @Wengerd Performance to making my build a success.
I'm glad you got it sorted out. I had the same issue with another "top" tuner in the space and I tore my stuff apart multiple times to try and find this Vacuum leak I had for over a month. Eventually it came down to a junk base file, but I didn't have the heart to tell them their tune sucked. Swapped to Wengard and it started up and idled perfect right off the rip. And that was a basic All motor setup
Sponsored