MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it’s tough. So many sound so good. Now I’m even more confused because the comments here have made me go back and listen to the corsa and man, the extreme with lt and no cats sounds menacing. I’m after that extreme loud and traditional v8 muscle sound.
Systems like Corsa embrace the sound of the Coyote, which is higher pitched and raspier than traditional V8 muscle cars. Other systems (typically with H pipes) suppress some of the rasp and high notes to try and get closer to old school sound. It sounds like the ones you mentioned in your OP are what you are after, but I haven't heard any of them with headers. In person I have heard Corsa Extremes, Borla Atak, and Roush catback all with LT. They're all very loud but the Borla Atak IMO has the best tone of the three.
Sponsored

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
In my opinion, don't skip the Borla Switchfire mid-pipe. Here's a video from earlier this evening. Microphone was mounted between the trunk and the bumper. There's a bit of buzz from the mic vibrating in the bumper surface at times, sorry.

Stock non-active mufflers, stock tune. I'm very pleased with the overrun burble.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
I have the stock manifolds with the cats, I've got a Whipple Gen 3 Stage 2 on it too. I installed the Borla S-Type, but I added the Borla resonator. It's got the level of added volume that I was looking for. If ever I toast my stock cats, I'll go Kooks catted LTH, the resonator should put the exhaust volume at a reasonable level.

OP
OP

Xander33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Thanks for all the replies guys! It's made it even tougher lol. Now I'm leaning toward the Corsa with HH or the Borla Atak. Going to go with Long tubes either way, with cats. Now I'm afraid the SW or AWE wont' be loud or aggressive enough

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Thanks for all the replies guys! It's made it even tougher lol. Now I'm leaning toward the Corsa with HH or the Borla Atak. Going to go with Long tubes either way, with cats. Now I'm afraid the SW or AWE wont' be loud or aggressive enough
AWE Touring catback with LTH very loud. My neighbor has this setup on his 18. He lives on the back side of my neighborhood, about 3/4 of a mile away and I hear him start his car with the garage door closed when I’m getting ready to leave at 6:20 am everyday

OP
OP

Xander33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Well, I decided to run with the catted ARH long tubes and the Corsa Extreme. Can’t wait to get them on! I figure can’t go wrong with ARH and cat back can always be changed. Thanks to all for the replies.
Sponsored