Trolls Who Own Mustangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
"A new bill (H.R. 2675) introduced this month in the House of Representatives could allow small companies to build fully drivable classic car replicas... Why pay upwards of $200,000 for an all original classic muscle car when you will be able to purchase an exact replica for a fraction of the cost. If collectors stop paying premiums for original stuff, the value will drop and kill the classic car auction market."

http://gearheads.org/new-house-bill-may-pass-that-kills-the-classic-muscle-car-industry/
Sponsored

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
wait. its a Bentley badged as a Hyundai? wuuuuttt?
to each his own? idk. I mean if your rich and want to live like a basic person. but still have all the luxury...idk what this person was thinking.
CEO of Hyundai maybe? :lol:

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
"A new bill (H.R. 2675) introduced this month in the House of Representatives could allow small companies to build fully drivable classic car replicas... Why pay upwards of $200,000 for an all original classic muscle car when you will be able to purchase an exact replica for a fraction of the cost. If collectors stop paying premiums for original stuff, the value will drop and kill the classic car auction market."

http://gearheads.org/new-house-bill-may-pass-that-kills-the-classic-muscle-car-industry/
Factory Five, Superformance and the others have not impacted the price of a real AC Cobra and they have been making cheap versions for almost 2 decades.

No matter what, people still value the rare and original.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Back on topic (sort of), I kind of wish the 5.0 emblems didn't require the holes in the fender to align them. I would have taken them off and not replaced them.

I'm sneaky like that. :D

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Back on topic (sort of), I kind of wish the 5.0 emblems didn't require the holes in the fender to align them. I would have taken them off and not replaced them.

You could always remove the 5.0 and replace with the 2.3T badge some people on here have.

That would confuse the heck out of people...

Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP

I bet a local body shop would take them off and cover/fill the holes for $100 or so.

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

I agree. I would remove them just because I like it cleaner. I did it on my other car, which has no locator holes:

I left the front and rear flags as they are placed in indentations in the bumper covers and are pretty flush and don't catch a towel.

I bet a local body shop would take them off and cover/fill the holes for $100 or so.
I don't think I would go for a $100 patch & paint job.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Personally, I do think it's silly when someone is rocking the wrong badging on their car. That being said, it's nothing to get upset about. I just laugh it off and move on.

Being new to the Mustang, I have not seen any EB or V6's with 5.0 badges yet. I have, however, seen several instances of base model BMW 3 series rocking M3 badges.

At the end of the day who really cares, but if they have the right to do it, I have the right to laugh at it...
I see "///M"'s all the time in NYC:lol:

I personally wanna see reverse ricers, who make their higher up cars (GT, Gti, Sti, M's, etc.) Look like regular models

Sponsored

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So bummed! I photographed what was perhaps the ugliest Mustang ever created down in TX a few weeks ago but got a new phone and lost the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.