Sponsored

Triple yellow 2015 GTPP at Detroit auto show.

eurospeed

Threads
Reaction score
Here's all of them

Triple yellow is a very true yellow. I mean literally. True yellow is HTML color code FFFF00. Triple yellow is FFFF10.
How about throwing schoolbus yellow (FFD800) on there also?
Sponsored

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT

Canary = FFEF37
Triple = FFFF10
Zinc = FFFE42
School Bus = FFD800
True = FFFF00

four0six

Threads
Reaction score
I am so torn with these pictures...Yellow looks so good on the new body style but I really feel like Camaro may have tainted my taste with everyone getting yellow "Bumble Bee" Camaros. I love it but I almost want to find a new favorite color. School Bus yellow was definitely unique enough to take care of that problem for me

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs

Canary = FFEF37
Triple = FFFF10
Zinc = FFFE42
School Bus = FFD800
True = FFFF00
Thanks for this info. I am now officially very sad. What idiot decided to put something this close to true yellow on a car? It's a freakin' car not a traffic sign.

The sad state of affairs with Ford yellows that started in 2000 just continues. First they ditch beautiful Canary/Chrome Yellow for that gawd awful Zinc, then they come back with Screamin', which is close but can't hold a candle to Canary because it has too much green in it, then they ditch yellow all together for years on end, then they come up with that horrible nailpolish yellow, which is dropped again after one year and now this.

Ford color choosers, you guys royally SUCK.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Absolutely gawdawful yellow. They really screwed it up again :(

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Just so hard to tell with the lighting. Wanna see it in the sun.
Exactly. :) Just plain white light, not these colored stage lights.

Regardless. I've seen enough that I think it will be the color I order. Competition Orange would have to knock my socks off to dethrone TY as my top choice.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Exactly. :) Just plain white light, not these colored stage lights.

Regardless. I've seen enough that I think it will be the color I order. Competition Orange would have to knock my socks off to dethrone TY as my top choice.
I think ty is it, but that color swatch next to zinc scares me. But then again, a phone screen isn't exactly sunlight either. Hope i get to see some outside shots before ordering opens.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Outside light is not going to fix this yellow. I have owned 8 yellow cars so far and I know from experience that yellow needs to be rich and warm to show up decently on pictures. That's why you will hardly ever see a bad picture of Canary Yellow Mustang or a School Bus Yellow one for that matter.

When a yellow is too light and has too much green in it it will relentlesly show in pictures, inside or out. And that is exactly what we are seeing here.

I'm gonna get a black one and paint it Canary Yellow myself.

Unbelievable that they spend so much time, money and effort on developing such a cool car and then let some colorblind fool decide to paint it trafic sign yellow.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Canary = FFEF37
Triple = FFFF10
Zinc = FFFE42
School Bus = FFD800
True = FFFF00
I know this is asking alot lol.

Can you put the 04 cobra yellow (03 was zinc, 04 was different) and c6 corvette yellow with those?

Thanks a lot man.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
04 cobra yellow (03 was zinc, 04 was different) and c6 corvette yellow with those?
04 Cobra was called 'Screaming Yellow'. It was the same color as was available on the regular 2005 and 2006 models.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra was called 'Screaming Yellow'. It was the same color as was available on the regular 2005 and 2006 models.
That's the one. I'm just trying to get a feel for how right these screen repotducrdd color swatches are.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I would like to see, side by side pictures of different yellows, so I can understand/judge the problem with T:shrug:Y
Sponsored