Tri coat issue?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yes, you will have chips that can't be fixed perfectly. Knowing what I know now, I wish I would have gotten a clear bra wrap for my bumper. They aren't too expensive but will save your bumper from chips.
I wish I had put PPF on my 15' but just didn't have the funds at that time. I picked up a lot of chips back then driving the NJ & PA Turnpikes to and from work every day. Found Dr. Colorchip and it was a good friend. Perfect no, but from a foot away you couldn't see a thing.
Sponsored

OP
OP

tommyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP manual
Thanks for all your imput. When the time comes to order the gt, rapid red will likely be my choice. So now I have to choose wheels

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I think there's a bit of confusion here, probably also induced by the title of the thread. The problem isn't the number of coats. That one paint or another is tri-coat doesn't really matter.
The TC in Rapid Red stands for "tinted clearcoat". And that's what makes it so hard to reproduce. The tinted clearcoat is what gives this colour its chameleonic properties. It makes it look like various shades of red, depending on the light you view it in. This effect is very difficult to achieve again. At least for the time being.
Sponsored

Last edited: