Trending on /r/cars: 2019 Shelby GT500 to receive Ford's new N/A 7.0L V8 w/ DI

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] i honestly liked you, right up until this post :paddle:

This guy knows his stuff [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION]....

So since nothing new came out of the Ford boot at the NY auto show, when will you think we'll be getting new info on Ford's next halo car ?
Sponsored

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
This guy knows his stuff [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION]....

So since nothing new came out of the Ford boot at the NY auto show, when will you think we'll be getting new info on Ford's next halo car ?
oh the dude is like our only light into the dark abyss, im just sad that hes hinting at a PD and not TTs :tsk:

i thought the ny auto show is on the 14th? so how do we know there isnt anything coming from ford? did i miss something?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
You're just an idiot that has no idea what Mustang history is and what it means to the industry! The 67' and 68' GT500 was it and the 50th anniversary will be epic! We're not talking about a Cobra III here or a probe. Get with it and you GTFOH!
Uh huh.

I'm also able to look at Ford's history and look at the lack of a business case, sound reasoning, or even motivation to build a big block DOHC engine, in this day and age, that will pass emissions, or even fit in an S550s engine bay. You're delusional, if you think that Ford is actually going to do this, when they have a perfectly good 5.2L engine, onto which they can simply bolt on a supercharger, and push stupid amounts of power through a cross-plane crank. Face it, nothing happens without a solid business case, and Ford isn't going to step that far out of bounds to make this happen, as much as you might want it. Why? Because they'd cost an astronomical amount of money, and like seven people would actually buy them.

JR

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
What numbers would make that configuration not disappointing?
Sorry about that, I was wondering other forums :(

810HP minimum, 4000 lbs MAX, with a 50/50 ;) weight distribution ratio haha.
No matter what they bring, after Top Notch hinted of a boss 429, its all I can think about. That would be an awesome ride, but from the sound of it, its not gonna happen. Dodge sells a shitload of 392's and those aren't gas sippers, why not 5000 429's for Ford? Just disappointed is all... ford has been so into this damn GT that they forgot about bringing something special to the masses. This is something I won't forget...for a long time, and I doubt other Ford enthusiasts will either. If they bring a simple supercharged 5.2 CPC it will tell me they weren't even working on something special for us. This is a 1 year venture for slapping on a supercharger...mostly endurance testing. If its something special, I'll be getting it, otherwise, I'll go for a competitors car, which is most likely whats gonna happen. I haven't bought a chevy in 20 years.

Sponsored

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang
well shit... :kickrock: im gonna go curl up in a corner and cry
The 2018 Mustang was shown after the press days at the Detroit Auto Show. It was actually one of the last days of the show. Always a chance they'll do the same here.

Most brands are showing their hands this week, but if Ford waits until the end of the show like they did last time, they'll be the only fresh news at that time.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I bet Dodge will sell ALL 3,000 of the Demons and each owner will be happy as hell to pay the guzzler tax.
They are already sold Reaper, I'm sure all the Mopar faithful already have their deposits in. Hell I'm even thinking about grabbing one and I think they are not very appealing to look at. I do have a reserve on one still at my local dealer, question is, will he get an allocation.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry about that, I was wondering other forums :(

810HP minimum, 4000 lbs MAX, with a 50/50 ;) weight distribution ratio haha.
No matter what they bring, after Top Notch hinted of a boss 429, its all I can think about. That would be an awesome ride, but from the sound of it, its not gonna happen. Dodge sells a shitload of 392's and those aren't gas sippers, why not 5000 429's for Ford? Just disappointed is all... ford has been so into this damn GT that they forgot about bringing something special to the masses. This is something I won't forget...for a long time, and I doubt other Ford enthusiasts will either. If they bring a simple supercharged 5.2 CPC it will tell me they weren't even working on something special for us. This is a 1 year venture for slapping on a supercharger...mostly endurance testing. If its something special, I'll be getting it, otherwise, I'll go for a competitors car, which is most likely whats gonna happen. I haven't bought a chevy in 20 years.
I think there's an excellent chance you'll be pleased, except on that weight distribution thing haha.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I think there's an excellent chance you'll be pleased, except on that weight distribution thing haha.
Will we be pleased in a year or years?? Surely we are getting close!
Sponsored