Transmission slip? or something else?

AlexZafo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey guys, quick question here. attached is a smaller log I had taken after fixing an exhaust leak I had. car is a 2016 automatic, Paxton car with a 3.6" pulley w/intake and exhaust. stock tranny. I outlined the area where the shift is actually taking place, if you follow the spread sheet you can see where things get a little weird. The main reason I ask is because it slammed into 4th gear and my traction control light came on the dash and something wasn't not grabbing, but it didn't feel like it typically does when the tires lose grip, especially not around 120mph.
Sponsored

Attachments

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Looking at the MPH I would guess that the car spun the tires when it went to 4th gear. I good way to look for transmission slip is to log Input Shaft Speed. If you take output shaft speed times the gear ratio of the gear it is in it should equal input shaft speed unless the transmission is slipping. You can also do it with RPM and OSS but you are including potential slip at the torque converter. I would say it was spinning the tires.

OP
OP
AlexZafo

AlexZafo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Looking at the MPH I would guess that the car spun the tires when it went to 4th gear. I good way to look for transmission slip is to log Input Shaft Speed. If you take output shaft speed times the gear ratio of the gear it is in it should equal input shaft speed unless the transmission is slipping. You can also do it with RPM and OSS but you are including potential slip at the torque converter. I would say it was spinning the tires.
I guess ill have to get back out and replicate the concern :like:
Sponsored