Sponsored

Transmission Fluid

What transmission fluid did you use and are you happy with it?

• Royal Purple Synchromax - Happy

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Royal Purple Synchromax - Unhappy

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Amsoil Synchromesh - Happy

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Amsoil Synchromesh - Unhappy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BG Synchroshift II - Happy

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • BG Synchroshift II - Unhappy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
You should try some olive oil, that stuff is amazing.
:lol:

I heard extra virgin is the best! Anyways i m going from Royal Purple to BG Syncro Shift II this Friday. I had no problems with the Royal Purple so far, and ton of improvement over the stock fluid. The hype over the BG fluid got me going as well. Going with the mustang flow over here. These threads costs us quite a bit of money, but no complains:headbang:
Sponsored

Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Triple Black
Did an oil change today (3k miles) and drained the trans and put the RP in. Wow! After 10 minutes of driving, notchy shift (2nd gear was worse and noisy) is gone. Smooth as butter! Glad I read this (and another) thread!

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 F250 Tremor, 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP(wifes car)
I went with Redline MT85. Should have made the change sooner!

Texstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EB Premium PP 6MT
I changed my stock fluid out for the Royal Purple Syncromax this afternoon.The car has ~12k on it and has no mods other than a Mishimoto catch can and the Steeda clutch assist spring.

Before I changed the fluid, my shifts were as follows:

1-2: sometimes a bit notchy when cold, but not bad. This wasn't the smoothest shift when warm, and didn't inspire a lot of confidence. I'd sometimes hear the "thud" that people talk about on here.

2-3: fairly smooth, however, I'd feel the "nibble" that some have talked about if I shifted somewhat quickly.

3-4: smooth, but on rare occasion would feel a bit notchy.

4-5: smooth

5-6: smooth, but a bit heavier than other shifts.

Downshifts: smooth for the most part, but would feel very slightly notchy when cold. I almost wanted to double-clutch when going into 1st at ~5 mph just to be safe. I never downshift to 1st above 10 mph.

With the Syncromax, I haven't heard the thud during 1-2, and the shifts required much less effort when at a standstill (1st or reverse). 2-3 is much smoother, and I haven't felt any nibble. Downshifts are improved as well.

I only drove about 5-10 miles with it so far, but I would definitely say it's an improvement.

Edit: I'll also point out that it's in the mid 70 degree range here in Houston right now, and while the car was not warmed up when I started my test drive, I don't have any experience so far with low temps. I'll update my post if something happens that changes my mind about RP, but I don't foresee that being the case.
Sponsored