Sponsored

Trans issue went to the dealership twice and was ignored

OGHK87Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I took my car to the dealership to have the issue looked at twice for transmission issue and they keep saying its normally operating transmission but its not. The shift from 2nd to 3rd is really nasty. When it shifts into 3rd it feels very crunchy like I'm shifting in to shards of glass with a bag of nails stuck in the shift gate of 3rd gear. Shifting from 3rd to 4th has crunchy feeling as well. The gears are not grinding its crunchy. Now that its cold its even worse than before. I took in for the first time to get some minor fix and the dealership didn't do a damn thing the fixed my other grill and vent problems and the shiny black trunk applique. They hid my car in the back lot and forgot about it. I left messages but did not get a response back. No follow ups, absolutely nothing. I was so pissed and drove to the dealership to get my car back. I spoke to one manager and he really didn't seem to give a damn either. I even filled out a survey on how lousy their service was and they didn't care about their customers. I was really pissed by this time and left a message to speak to a service manager again. The manager called me back and tried to apologize for the problem. He said he'd offer me something but he did not follow through on his word. Instead he just mailed me a sorry letter with a here's a 25 dollar credit for your inconvenience after the car got fixed. For storing my car in the back lot for an entire month is unacceptable. I consider that an insult. 25 dollars is chump change. Buying experience was excellent. Service experience I will give a -10 because they don't follow up with customers. I was expecting consumer service to call me after that but that didn't happen. The service people who where working on my car only drove it for a few miles and said it was fine. Then the service manager was saying I'm not engaging the clutch all the way to the back. I've known and driven stick for over 10+ years. I always push the clutch all the way back. Such an insult. On another note, the rear gloss black applique with the GT logo keeps separating from the back mounting on the trunk lid. They just kept gluing it back together. If it don't stay together the first time shouldn't you replace it with one new. Glue will not hold it together. I also had paint issues. This dealership just seems like they cannot handle their service volume. I would prefer that they would of told me to go to a different dealership for service. They can't keep their stuff together. Not even an offer for free oil change and or trans flush. How the hell are you going to discover any problems in 2 miles of driving. That's like walking down the street and turning around I also have a high oil pressure problem. I do not enjoy driving loaners for long periods of time. Another item that is of issue is the My Ford Touch with navigation. I have it synced up to my phone using Bluetooth for the hands free system and Bluetooth audio the whole screen freezes up on the phone dialing screen. The fact is I ordered this as a custom order I was expecting it to be perfect. I was sold a custom ordered lemon. Accumulated hours of non operation is 2 months in repairs. I kind of really wished I bought new Corvette or M4 with the amount of trouble I've been having.

FORD CONSUMER SERVICE please contact me!
Sponsored

Last edited:

bcdstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Met GT 6spd Convrt/50yr
I have had similar issues with my trans and have been told the same. Not sure if it is related but I am bringing the car in today for what I call a intermittent sticking clutch. Lets see what kind of runaround I get from this.

Cobrakev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Ah maybe try different dealership?

Hinds90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Similar issue with mine. Ford customer service contacted me on this forum which lead them to contacting my dealer. I was told the same that "it's normal and should get better with mileage". I'll drive it another 2000 miles then take it in again just to ensure its well documented.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
OP
OP

OGHK87Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Plain and simple paraphrased. Minor build issues. Crunchy shifting from 2-3 then 3-4. 3rd being even the most nasty. Worst on cold days. Everything else works great with the exception to buggy MFT with nav and bad transmission from the get go and the dealership stashing my car away in the back lot, not touching it and forgetting about it for a month. I personally had to go down there and take it back. Their answer was I don't know what happened in that month. Just want the trans fixed and that is all

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
was the transmission a problem from day one? Or did it do that over time?

if you double clutch, does the transmission shift better?

you left the car at the dealership for a month? Calling everyday for status? Did they confirm or deny there is a problem?

OP
OP

OGHK87Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Double clutch does the same. I did call and message a bunch during it was there. Only answer was that it supposed to operate that way. They denied there was a problem and just said it supposed to operate that way. It ain't normal.

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
So they kept saying it was normal and supposed to operate that way and you didn't go back to pick it up?

Not to be rude but it seems like you dropped the ball a bit too, if they were saying its supposed to be that way, that means they weren't gonna do anything to it and you should have gone back to pick it up and went somewhere else.

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
does seem a little odd to let it sit so long

double clutch is suppose to get around a bad synchro, but it doesn't sound like that is helping

any way to capture the transmission problem with a short video?

OP
OP

OGHK87Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well I did go pick it up since the service person was non responsive to my messages and just gave me a generic oh I'll look into it and get back to you. The point of the matter is that the dealership can't handle their call volume and provides lousy service. I will be taking it to a different dealership. The way they handled the situation when I bought it to attention of two service managers and got the same crappy attitude is unacceptable. The manager was the one to say bring it back.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
you check yelp / google reviews for your dealership? You don't have to post it here. Just asking. My local dealers are not rated all that good. I wish there was separate ratings for sales and warranty repair, as I suspect its easier to generate a happier customer in sales, whereas repair will have frustrated folks leaving 1-star. But you can read through the reviews and see if they jive with your experience. My local Honda dealer had higher ratings, but then they don't sell V8 cars with MT

av99gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang GT
Is this the same dealer where you bought the car?

Beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Guard Metallic MT
Is this the same dealer where you bought the car?

Shouldn't matter.

I have purchased my Mustang and F-150 from a dealer other than the one that services my vehicles and they do an excellent job. All service departments are not the same and either are sales. I have tried to purchase several vehicles from a dealer 5 minutes from my house (my service dealer) and they just don't even come close to the prices I can get elsewhere.
Sponsored