Traction problems ?

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Traction problems ? Well I have them ...First of let me tell you our local track just can't seem to prep the track right ..Sometimes ( rarely ) they get it right but that is very rare .. Last night it cost me the top spot in our monthly top ten mustang race .. I switched from 295/45/17 MTs to the new 305/45/17Rs and that was no help at all ...The cars that are giving hell are fox body race cars with big small blocks and running slicks ..My car when it does hook it is faster than most of them but if it doesn't hook it's a loss for me ..They have traction problems also when they make their first few runs but later in the night the track comes around a bit and starts working for them ..With the my drag radials it never comes around for me .. I just spin all night all ... I'm thinking about switching to Hoosier slicks 28x10x17s ..I hate to go to slicks but if I have to run cars with slicks I see no other way but to run slicks at least at our slippery track ..

The drag radials work great at our other track but our top ten race is held once a month at the slippery track and they are not going to change locations ..

So who runs the Hoosiers and what do you think about them ? Are they working for you with poor prep ?
Sponsored

proamas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Package
Traction problems ? Well I have them ...First of let me tell you our local track just can't seem to prep the track right ..Sometimes ( rarely ) they get it right but that is very rare .. Last night it cost me the top spot in our monthly top ten mustang race .. I switched from 295/45/17 MTs to the new 305/45/17Rs and that was no help at all ...The cars that are giving hell are fox body race cars with big small blocks and running slicks ..My car when it does hook it is faster than most of them but if it doesn't hook it's a loss for me ..They have traction problems also when they make their first few runs but later in the night the track comes around a bit and starts working for them ..With the my drag radials it never comes around for me .. I just spin all night all ... I'm thinking about switching to Hoosier slicks 28x10x17s ..I hate to go to slicks but if I have to run cars with slicks I see no other way but to run slicks at least at our slippery track ..

The drag radials work great at our other track but our top ten race is held once a month at the slippery track and they are not going to change locations ..

So who runs the Hoosiers and what do you think about them ? Are they working for you with poor prep ?

Hey Lee, I've heard the Hoosiers slicks are even worse traction wise compared to the MT ET Drag r's. If you decide to get rid of those tires or your old ones let me know. I might be interested in taking them off your hands.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Tune.

Have your tuner make the car work.

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
you can make the power come in a little later like BMR said. or since you have so much power launch at a lower RPM. also you went on a thursday to bradenton for test and tune night.. it wasnt the track prep it was all the idiots on street tires who ruin the track prep..

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
you know how many idiots go to bradenton on a thursday night.. with their trucks even. in big mud tires and throw sand a dirt everywhere? and they just kill all the track prep. thats why they dont even prep the track again after like 8pm.

Sponsored

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
you can make the power come in a little later like BMR said. or since you have so much power launch at a lower RPM. also you went on a thursday to bradenton for test and tune night.. it wasnt the track prep it was all the idiots on street tires who ruin the track prep..
Mike this was not BMP , at BMP the car dead hooks .. This was at Showtime speedway ( I call it slip and slide ) Kelly knows what I'm talking about .. :)

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I sure do.

The first time I went, I had the tune on kill mode and not even a chance.

The second time, I used my "street" tune to make the car work. Sucks I lost like half a second, but was atleast able to cut a decent sixty foot time.

I would see if your tuner can pull some power out right on the hit. Should help out Lee.

OP
OP
smokinzx14r

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I sure do.

The first time I went, I had the tune on kill mode and not even a chance.

The second time, I used my "street" tune to make the car work. Sucks I lost like half a second, but was atleast able to cut a decent sixty foot time.

I would see if your tuner can pull some power out right on the hit. Should help out Lee.
Thanks , i'll talk to Sai about the tune ... God I hate to pull any power :( :frusty:

proamas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Package
Mike this was not BMP , at BMP the car dead hooks .. This was at Showtime speedway ( I call it slip and slide ) Kelly knows what I'm talking about .. :)
That's what I'm talking about. Showtime is terrible for track prep, I call it spin city. I don't think much will help over there, we should all cruise up to BMP soon. Kelly is also right, my street tune doesn't bring the power up right away either, but it's still spin city at Showtime.
Sponsored