Traction Control Off

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Getting on the highway yesterday when I hear the chiming and look down at the dash. Traction Control Off, ABS On, Disabled Hill Assist, Drive selections not available. The steering wheel becomes hard to turn. It went away before I got home.
Came on again today getting on the highway. Drove through the car wash and a minute later went away.
Anyone know what that is?
Thanks

Note: it's intermittent
Sponsored

Last edited:

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Spitballing here. Possibly a loose connection at the ECU in the passenger kick panel? IIRC, most if not all of the wiring harness for the various systems plug in there. Have you or anyone else been working in that area of the car lately? Or it could be something as simple as a loose fuse that goes intermittent as you drive. Check all the fuses under the hood and in the passenger kick panel to make sure none are loose.

I'd also find out which fuse(s) protect the power steering and ABS modules (or whatever they're actually called) and replace them. Couple of bucks for fuses vs. a really expensive trip to the dealer. Also, do you own a code reader? Plug in and see what trouble codes are stored.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Did you hit a bump right before things went haywire? Usually its either a rough bump or gravel to do that on my car. Happens infrequently but more than a few times in 5 years.

OP
OP
Bahndvr

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you hit a bump right before things went haywire? Usually its either a rough bump or gravel to do that on my car. Happens infrequently but more than a few times in 5 years.
No bumps and no gravel.

Spitballing here. Possibly a loose connection at the ECU in the passenger kick panel? IIRC, most if not all of the wiring harness for the various systems plug in there. Have you or anyone else been working in that area of the car lately? Or it could be something as simple as a loose fuse that goes intermittent as you drive. Check all the fuses under the hood and in the passenger kick panel to make sure none are loose.

I'd also find out which fuse(s) protect the power steering and ABS modules (or whatever they're actually called) and replace them. Couple of bucks for fuses vs. a really expensive trip to the dealer. Also, do you own a code reader? Plug in and see what trouble codes are stored.
Not been working in the area. Have installed the sequential tail lights plug 2 weekends. This does hiccup during the winter but never as completely shutting off All the traction stuff.

I will check for trouble codes.

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Wheel speed sensor issue, in my case it was a worn wheel bearing but basically the ecu is getting mixed signals so disable all that. Even my reverse parking sensors were disabled by ECU :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bahndvr

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wheel speed sensor issue, in my case it was a worn wheel bearing but basically the ecu is getting mixed signals so disable all that. Even my reverse parking sensors were disabled by ECU :)
So if there was let's say an inch difference (~4%) in diameter size between front and back tires that could cause the issue?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bahndvr

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of good information in that thread. I have a 2016. So looking through the thread looks like a torque management thing. Wow 1 inch difference between front and rear tire diameter size and everything goes to shit.

Reactions: jwt
OP
OP
Bahndvr

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Pull fuse 62 or pull the plug?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bahndvr

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The error code that I have is: U0415 - Invalid Data Received From Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bahndvr

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is it possible to capture wheel speed data?

OP
OP
Bahndvr

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Stock wheels are on and no change, everything disables so now I have to look for the issue.
Sponsored