Sponsored

Tracking the EcoBoost

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Brake pads - that's all you did to the car?

I'll have to do some research or maybe start another thread.
No I had an EB PP

Put on
GT PP Brembo calipers
AP 2 piece discs
Ferodo DS 1.11 race pads
SS brake lines
Torque RT700 fluid

And that's it.
Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If you don't mind me asking - how much and from where? Do you lose the parking brake?
This is the first set of prototypes since the race car version will not work on the street car.

I'll make a post once I get them.

I'm guessing 4-5k fronts and 3-4K rears

The rears are not in production yet and will be made later. They should retain the e brake

Reactions: F0J

Sponsored

OP
OP
F0J

F0J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
François
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This is the first set of prototypes since the race car version will not work on the street car.

I'll make a post once I get them.

I'm guessing 4-5k fronts and 3-4K rears

The rears are not in production yet and will be made later. They should retain the e brake
Does that include rotors? I'm assuming it doesn't because that would be relatively cheap for endurance racing kit.

I'm curious to know which system the FP350S is going to use. Brembo GTRs? Or did Brembo develop a Club Racing / Track Day kit?

I hope the parts for both cars trickle down. I wonder if Ford will do a CPC Voodoo Mustang for 2018 given the GT350 has had some (albeit minor) issues.

Thanks for answering my question. I owe you many virtual beers.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Does that include rotors? I'm assuming it doesn't because that would be relatively cheap for endurance racing kit.

I'm curious to know which system the FP350S is going to use. Brembo GTRs? Or did Brembo develop a Club Racing / Track Day kit?

I hope the parts for both cars trickle down. I wonder if Ford will do a CPC Voodoo Mustang for 2018 given the GT350 has had some (albeit minor) issues.

Thanks for answering my question. I owe you many virtual beers.
It does

The company who makes them are very very reasonable for what you get. The components blow Brembo out of the water.

The FP350S also uses the same brakes as the ones coming to me.

FP350S and GT4 both use an AP setup with some custom work done to make it work which is all I can say.

The Multimatic 350 uses a 380mm 4 piston Brembo kit at a cool 7k.

Reactions: F0J

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
My first track day with the eco was stock, 100% stock Performance pack. The pads died in about 3 laps.
Second was with Xp-10's front, oil cooler, intercooler and exhaust. Rear pads died after one day.
Lately, with not too many power mods, it does fairly well on all but the hottest days. It will occasionally throw a code for oil overtemp (it doesn't know, it doesn't have an oil temp sensor), but will usually keep up with the best of em out there.

My youtube is my name on here as well, if you want to see some of it in action.

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
2018 Ecoboost on track

Anyone run a 2018 EB on track yet? Thoughts?

I just picked up a new 2018 EB PP 6sp car on Monday. It will be my primary driver with the occasional HPDE. This is my first Mustang. Hell, it's my first American car purchase (new or used) in 30 years of buying cars. I've been doing HPDE for over 20 years, mainly with the PCA. I used my vintage 911 (1972) for about 14 years, and then started driving a 1986 944 Turbo a few years ago. It was the 944 Turbo experience that lead me to the Ecoboost, i.e., similar configuration. I wanted to get something new, or almost new, because, a) the 911 has just gotten too valuable to take out on the track, and b) the 30 year old electronics in the 944 are maddening!

The plan is to run it bone stock this year (with track pads). Hopefully Ford will have a performance tune available for 2018s by the end of the year, so I'll install that for next year. When the powertrain warranty is up, then maybe I'll start doing a few more bolt on tweaks, etc. One of the main reasons I got the EB was for the fun of tweaking it over the years (and 170 lbs less weight up front!).

I've only had it a few days, but so far I really like it. I still find it hard to believe that you can get a car like this for mid $20s. It's crazy good value.

Roger

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP

I just picked up a new 2018 EB PP 6sp car on Monday. It will be my primary driver with the occasional HPDE. This is my first Mustang. Hell, it's my first American car purchase (new or used) in 30 years of buying cars. I've been doing HPDE for over 20 years, mainly with the PCA. I used my vintage 911 (1972) for about 14 years, and then started driving a 1986 944 Turbo a few years ago. It was the 944 Turbo experience that lead me to the Ecoboost, i.e., similar configuration. I wanted to get something new, or almost new, because, a) the 911 has just gotten too valuable to take out on the track, and b) the 30 year old electronics in the 944 are maddening!

The plan is to run it bone stock this year (with track pads). Hopefully Ford will have a performance tune available for 2018s by the end of the year, so I'll install that for next year. When the powertrain warranty is up, then maybe I'll start doing a few more bolt on tweaks, etc. One of the main reasons I got the EB was for the fun of tweaking it over the years (and 170 lbs less weight up front!).

I've only had it a few days, but so far I really like it. I still find it hard to believe that you can get a car like this for mid $20s. It's crazy good value.

Roger
I really enjoy tracking my EB. But it is my first car i've ever tracked so I have no basis of comparison. I feel like it is a great platform for those that are getting started and want to learn how to drive. I imagine it could be rewarding for a very seasoned driver as well.

I've been able to take pass a lot of "faster" cars that a baby 4 banger mustang has no business passing, but I don't know if the credit goes to me, or the car, or the other driver of said "faster" sports car.

My only word of advice is to make sure all your boost plumbing is tightly secured. I've had every intercooler pipe back off and lose boost on me. My car is 100% stock power.

Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Roger

I had a 15 and it was the most heavily modified EB for track use until I sold it.

I had the same thought process with it being lighter but the car needed work to make it not heatsoak. First was brakes, then intercooler, then oil cooler, the list goes on and on.

If the trackdays were under 80f or so it was good. But as it got warmer more was needed. I ended up running an intercooler, meth injection, dual oil coolers, bigger radiator from mishimoto and more. I was done with the car when the rear diff fell apart due to overheating.

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a 15 and it was the most heavily modified EB for track use until I sold it.

I had the same thought process with it being lighter but the car needed work to make it not heatsoak. First was brakes, then intercooler, then oil cooler, the list goes on and on.

If the trackdays were under 80f or so it was good. But as it got warmer more was needed. I ended up running an intercooler, meth injection, dual oil coolers, bigger radiator from mishimoto and more. I was done with the car when the rear diff fell apart due to overheating.
Running a vintage 911 on hot days, with about 165hp, skinny tires, tiny brakes, and no power anything (let alone ABS, SC, TC), caused ME to get "heat soaked". I remember coming into the pits at Road America in July, getting out of the car dripping wet. My wife looks over at the guy next to us getting out of his 997 (who was also slower than me!) and says, "why isn't he sweating so much?".

Yeah, I know the car will have it's limits. I just drive for fun. I've learned over the years that it's more fun to drive a car at 90% than at 110%...not to mention, much cheaper too! The 2018 does have a diff oil temp gauge as one of the digital gauge selections. I'll make sure I keep my eye on it at the track.

Thanks.
Roger

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Exactly, if I were you keep it as stock as you can power wise and focus on cooling for the motor, turbo system and driveline.

Enjoy!

Running a vintage 911 on hot days, with about 165hp, skinny tires, tiny brakes, and no power anything (let alone ABS, SC, TC), caused ME to get "heat soaked". I remember coming into the pits at Road America in July, getting out of the car dripping wet. My wife looks over at the guy next to us getting out of his 997 (who was also slower than me!) and says, "why isn't he sweating so much?".

Yeah, I know the car will have it's limits. I just drive for fun. I've learned over the years that it's more fun to drive a car at 90% than at 110%...not to mention, much cheaper too! The 2018 does have a diff oil temp gauge as one of the digital gauge selections. I'll make sure I keep my eye on it at the track.

Thanks.
Roger

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Well, two years into it and I have to say my experience seems to be much like yours, i.e., I upgraded to the 6 piston Brembos, larger intercooler, engine oil cooler, etc. So far the diff temps seem to be OK. I just completed my first track day with Mishi oil cooler, and it barely kept the oil temp out of the yellow range, at 60 deg ambient. As you note, I bet at 80+ deg, its in the yellow (stock tune as well!). But, considering how inexpensive the car was new, and the cost of these mods, it's still a pretty decent value for a daily driver/ocaisional HPDE car. I'll keep tweaking it.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Well, two years into it and I have to say my experience seems to be much like yours, i.e., I upgraded to the 6 piston Brembos, larger intercooler, engine oil cooler, etc. So far the diff temps seem to be OK. I just completed my first track day with Mishi oil cooler, and it barely kept the oil temp out of the yellow range, at 60 deg ambient. As you note, I bet at 80+ deg, its in the yellow (stock tune as well!). But, considering how inexpensive the car was new, and the cost of these mods, it's still a pretty decent value for a daily driver/ocaisional HPDE car. I'll keep tweaking it.
My EB was a 15 without a diff probe, diff issues were just becoming a thing for the platform.

Keep an eye on that and you’ll be ok
Sponsored