Sponsored

Track day Phoenix

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
I'm signed up for my 1st event with ProAutoSports on February 20th at Wild Horse Pass east track. Anyone else on here going or wanting to go?

It's been a few years since I've been on a big track and am really looking forward to getting out again and see how the S550 does on the track.
Sponsored

import111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
That is a great track. My favorite in AZ/NM that I have done so far. Have fun, and let us know how the brakes and everything hold up on track.

OP
OP
Zerobar78

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
That is a great track. My favorite in AZ/NM that I have done so far. Have fun, and let us know how the brakes and everything hold up on track.
This will be my 1st time on Wild Horse, done a handful of track days in the past. It seems like a nice enough track but most who have run there and Inde say that Inde is a much nicer track. Either way it should be fun.

sstevens7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
You cant compare Inde to WH....Inde is in a category of its own.

JmalB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Dodge NSRT-4, 2015 Mustang GT PP
I did my 1st track day ever at WH East. So it's got a special place in my heart. I've been wanting to get back into HPDE but something has always come up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zerobar78

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
You cant compare Inde to WH....Inde is in a category of its own.
That's what most people say. I hope to head to the next Inde event, I believe its in May.

I did my 1st track day ever at WH East. So it's got a special place in my heart. I've been wanting to get back into HPDE but something has always come up.
I know the feeling, I had to really push to make this happen right now but I felt the need to as I haven't been in so long and keep saying I'll do it and it never happens. You ever get those tires replaced yet?

JmalB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah went with MPSS. Couldn't justify the extra coin for EP tires.

OP
OP
Zerobar78

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
Don't blame you there, I love those tires. I had them on my Fiesta ST, will probably put them on the Mustang.

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Fun easy track, I don't think my car will be done in time. still looking for a stock bumper. I'll be around though, Ill stop by and say hi. My name is Jeremiah

JmalB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm just going to have to force myself to go one of these days.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zerobar78

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
Fun easy track, I don't think my car will be done in time. still looking for a stock bumper. I'll be around though, Ill stop by and say hi. My name is Jeremiah
Stop on by and look for my GT, will be parked with a grey GT500 and some Focus ST's.

I'm just going to have to force myself to go one of these days.
That's what I did.

OP
OP
Zerobar78

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
Good meeting you today Jeremiah, felt good to shake the cobwebs off. Sucks you got pulled to help that other guy. I was looking for you on the last session as I was moved into the red group, was nice to finally be around some faster folks and have some room to run.

Thoughts on the car so far are: it's a rock solid chassis, the car was straight and stable at any speed and full load in the corners. The car puts the power down quite well, vastly better than my 04' could dream of. The Pirelli's were ok, later in the day I could tell they weren't happy, turn in was a little sluggish with some tread squirm, once the tires were hot they got greasy quick. Ambient temp was in the 80's putting track temps near 100 likely, IAT's were around there. My oil and coolant temps stayed in the normal range all day. Brakes were fade free though in my last session carrying a lot more speed I had some chatter up front, better pads should fix this.

Overall a GT PP is fine in completely stock form for a weekend in my opinion, this may vary by driver skill and the track. I would recommend a pad upgrade as soon as stock is near worn, brake ducts, better fluid, and better tires. I had no issues with temps on this warm, sunny, AZ day but was not full tilt all day having started in the beginner group. Car doesn't "need" anything else to get started. Pics and vids will go up tomorrow.

OP
OP
Zerobar78

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
[ame]

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Anyone going to NASA @ AMP this weekend or ProAutoSports next weekend @ Firebird Main?
Sponsored