Track Attack participants August 30-31

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
As cerbomark has posted for his session, I just signed up for 30-31. Anyone else going?
Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Do the Track attack only have manuals or A10 are also available?

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Do the Track attack only have manuals or A10 are also available?
They have a handful with the A10. Need to request one at signup, they do get reserved quickly.

Tones GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2021 FJG Mach 1
I will be there the 30th and the 31st!! Can't wait!!

Sponsored

OP
OP

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Giving this a bump. Anyone else?

Tones GT I will PM you.

OP
OP

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Back from the track attack event, this isn't an exhaustive review of it, as a thread for this already exists. Here are a few broad points about it.

Skip the insurance, this is a well structured safe environment, and I can't fathom a scenario were you would cause more than 5K of damage to that car. You are never really in a position to do so, I was worried about other novices hitting me on track, this isn't really a concern given the structured environment and small run groups. This is a MUCH safer environment than a typical track day.

Its a great program and definitely "worth it", especially for beginners or those with little track time or professional instruction. If you live within a days drive of charlotte, you really should go, you are selling yourself short if you don't. For west coasters, and central states folks, I get it its a lot harder to make the trip happen. I'd highly recommend you do it if possible.

The focus is on the fundamentals and basics, but here is the thing, that is what good track and performance driving is all about. If you are not executing the basics well, you are not going to be fast on the track. These are perishable skills and I noticed it myself when I was just starting out, not focusing on the basics and I was messy. As soon as I got back into the groove and started executing the basics well everything got a lot better. The program gives sufficient class instruction on theory 45 mins and emphasizes in car time, which is the right approach. You can read about stuff all day long, but nothing compares to seat time and actually doing it.

Instructors were all wonderful and approachable, it was a fun day. Try to go if you can, especially if you are new to track driving. Just by earning the basics you will be taking giant leaps in experience and competency compared to those who don't. That initial growth spurt is huge believe me on that.

It was great to be in the car with an instructor who could really get every bit of performance out of the Mach 1, this car is very capable and has high limits if you know how to drive. I also enjoyed using features on their car that I haven't tried on my own. Launch Control and no lift shift work very well, when I got back I couldn't help but try the no lift on my own car.

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP, Focus SE
Back from the track attack event, this isn't an exhaustive review of it, as a thread for this already exists. Here are a few broad points about it.

Skip the insurance, this is a well structured safe environment, and I can't fathom a scenario were you would cause more than 5K of damage to that car. You are never really in a position to do so, I was worried about other novices hitting me on track, this isn't really a concern given the structured environment and small run groups. This is a MUCH safer environment than a typical track day.

Its a great program and definitely "worth it", especially for beginners or those with little track time or professional instruction. If you live within a days drive of charlotte, you really should go, you are selling yourself short if you don't. For west coasters, and central states folks, I get it its a lot harder to make the trip happen. I'd highly recommend you do it if possible.

The focus is on the fundamentals and basics, but here is the thing, that is what good track and performance driving is all about. If you are not executing the basics well, you are not going to be fast on the track. These are perishable skills and I noticed it myself when I was just starting out, not focusing on the basics and I was messy. As soon as I got back into the groove and started executing the basics well everything got a lot better. The program gives sufficient class instruction on theory 45 mins and emphasizes in car time, which is the right approach. You can read about stuff all day long, but nothing compares to seat time and actually doing it.

Instructors were all wonderful and approachable, it was a fun day. Try to go if you can, especially if you are new to track driving. Just by earning the basics you will be taking giant leaps in experience and competency compared to those who don't. That initial growth spurt is huge believe me on that.

It was great to be in the car with an instructor who could really get every bit of performance out of the Mach 1, this car is very capable and has high limits if you know how to drive. I also enjoyed using features on their car that I haven't tried on my own. Launch Control and no lift shift work very well, when I got back I couldn't help but try the no lift on my own car.
I second everything said here. The event was a wonderful intro to tracking. I regret getting the extra insurance as well because like you said there is almost no way YOU can be at fault for anything with the car with how the event is set up. After the hot lap with the instructor that was super obvious haha. I do wish we opened up a little bit more on the track but it makes sense why they didn't.

Defietly going to see about doing the intermediate session sometime next year.