Track Attack Cars

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
For those who are eligible and haven't attended...definitely don't miss out on this opportunity! FWIW, I passed my 1-year eligibility window because of scheduling issues, but was able to get my name on a waiting list for a call if someone dropped out...someone dropped out and I got a call! Awesome experience overall. The facility, support staff, instructors and training were amazing. Our group of owners/students were respectful and appreciated the opportunity to learn from FPRS's contracted professional drivers. The day went off without a hitch...until...

With respect to the cars, my black w/white stripes (that's me in the avatar) performed flawlessly until the final session. Passing through the "kink" on the east track, the computer would cut fuel around 7,500 RPM. Surprized me the first time. Felt like it hit the brakes for me. No MIL so, IAW the brief, I pressed. On the final lap, the wrench light appeared. No idea what maintenance had to be done to clear the light. An instructor filled out a maintenance sheet and put it on the dashboard. I remember my car having fewer than 4K miles on the ODO. No other drivers mentioned problems. It'd be interesting to see the parts order list (and total $) required to maintain the GT350 Track Attack fleet over a year period.
Sponsored

hobbie1

hobbie1
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
Hey Bob, good info :thumbsup: Welcome to the forum! Here’s to September coming around quickly for you:cheers:
Thanks - can't wait. May try to join the Mid Calif ride in July. I'm only a couple of hours from Sand City - located in Brentwood Northern CA.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Hopefully I’ll get lucky and get to drive a R in Oct.
These R's will be like the Boss car I believe. Available for day two of the TrackAttack.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
These R's will be like the Boss car I believe. Available for day two of the TrackAttack.
If that’s the case, the one day TA event will disappear...

Mastervic27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, F80 M3, Ariel Atom SRA, AP1 S2K, NA Miata

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
For those who are eligible and haven't attended...definitely don't miss out on this opportunity! FWIW, I passed my 1-year eligibility window because of scheduling issues, but was able to get my name on a waiting list for a call if someone dropped out...someone dropped out and I got a call! Awesome experience overall. The facility, support staff, instructors and training were amazing. Our group of owners/students were respectful and appreciated the opportunity to learn from FPRS's contracted professional drivers. The day went off without a hitch...until...

With respect to the cars, my black w/white stripes (that's me in the avatar) performed flawlessly until the final session. Passing through the "kink" on the east track, the computer would cut fuel around 7,500 RPM. Surprized me the first time. Felt like it hit the brakes for me. No MIL so, IAW the brief, I pressed. On the final lap, the wrench light appeared. No idea what maintenance had to be done to clear the light. An instructor filled out a maintenance sheet and put it on the dashboard. I remember my car having fewer than 4K miles on the ODO. No other drivers mentioned problems. It'd be interesting to see the parts order list (and total $) required to maintain the GT350 Track Attack fleet over a year period.
One of my best friends had the exact same issue with his Track Attack car last October. No such issue when we were at COTA in his own car a few weeks ago, though :D

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP