Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
y

Yes but have u been to the track and launched on 28 in slicks hitting 1.50.60 ft multiple times.Driving on the street and track are two different things.My exedy clutch does ok on the street even with drag radials,but go to the track and after one pass it starts slipping its ass off.If you dont track rst will probably be fine,but if u do track u better go with the rxt.If u use the right tires and can speed shift,no power shift your trans should be fine.Once u get to a certain hp its not going to matter what clutch u use,the trans will break eventually.
I go to the track almost every Wednesday and pull 1.50 60 foots on Hoosiers slicks with a M6 and RST. Never slipped, I bang gears and no issues.

The whole point is, the RXT WILLLLLLL break the transmissions sooner than later. Everyone that has broken their MT82, has had the RXT, not the RST. I beat the crap outta my car and never had a transmission issue.

McLeod will tell you "buy the more expensive clutch" from us. You're better off going to the guys that build transmissions and ask them. They will ALL tell you to stay away from the RXT unless you want them to build you a transmission.

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I go to the track almost every Wednesday and pull 1.50 60 foots on Hoosiers slicks with a M6 and RST. Never slipped, I bang gears and no issues.

The whole point is, the RXT WILLLLLLL break the transmissions sooner than later. Everyone that has broken their MT82, has had the RXT, not the RST. I beat the crap outta my car and never had a transmission issue.

McLeod will tell you "buy the more expensive clutch" from us. You're better off going to the guys that build transmissions and ask them. They will ALL tell you to stay away from the RXT unless you want them to build you a transmission.
^^^^THIS^^^^ There is a guy that builds the MT82 transmissions he will tell ya the same. I have a MT82 for sale. 20,000 miles out of it. I used the MGW shifter that really helps. I did not want to pull it because it is the best stock transmission I think I have ever owned. Very very smooth shifting. But....knowing I am about to jump up over 900 HP I did the right thing and swapped it for the Tremec. I have had several Tremecs and know to expect quality with them and it did not let me down this time either. Now waiting for another MGW Tremec short shifter which should be here this week. I ordered the RXT with this transmission and am almost complete with breaking it in. Put 260 city miles on it in 3 days. :thumbsup:

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I go to the track almost every Wednesday and pull 1.50 60 foots on Hoosiers slicks with a M6 and RST. Never slipped, Io bang gears and no issues.

Rxt dont break transmissions,guys not knowing how to drive breaks transmissions!!!.The rst wont hold up track abuse with slicks period,and i dont need mcleod to tell me that.Organic disc does not handle heat anything like the ceramic disc and heat is what kills the clutch.

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Rxt dont break transmissions,guys not knowing how to drive breaks transmissions!!!.The rst wont hold up track abuse with slicks period,and i dont need mcleod to tell me that.Organic disc does not handle heat anything like the ceramic disc and heat is what kills the clutch.
Right.. I've been to the track with at least 80 passes and no issues. It holds up just fine to run 6s and 1.50 60 fts. I don't disagree that the RXT is a great track clutch but it will break your transmission. The harh engagement of the clutch is a lot of shock on it.

Carlosa_garcia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium DIB PP 6MT
RST, RXT, Exedy, Stock....It don't matter. You beat on your MT82 and it will eventually have issues. Can find a replacement MT82 cheaper than you can replace a burned up RST.

Sponsored

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Anyone ever considered that MAYBE there are less RST+MT82 failures reported because there are WAY WAY less folks running them than the RXT+MT82 combo?

I get that folks here have posted up beating the crap out of the RST+MT82 combo and having no issues...that's great, I have 3 local guys who regularly hit the track with their RXT's and beat THE LIVING HELL out of them and have had zero issues.

I know the difference between the two clutches, not saying its not an increased risk to run the RXT, but it follows the same lines as the OPG discussions....

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Just getting my facts from the guys that build mt82s and nobody's like Ken and YOLO.
My problem is this.

Is it the clutch, which I have BTW, or the user?

Even Ben Calmer would argue that most manual transmissions fail because of the person holding the stick.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
My problem is this.

Is it the clutch, which I have BTW, or the user?

Even Ben Calmer would say most manual transmissions fail because of the person holding the stick.
Agreed and when your powershifting a 700plus rwhp it does not matter if you have an rxt rst spec whatever,good possibility the trans will eventually break,if so i will deal with that then,but this is thd third clutch my car has overpowered and the next one will be one that last.If u your on your game speedshifting your really not going to save much time powershifting.If u must powershift with 700 hp get a wot box.
Sponsored