Sponsored

TPMS on 2015 mustang

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
As ford announced the 2015 mustang will have individual wheel pressures. Are there going to be new sensors vs the ones on a 2014. Will the triggering tool still work?
Sponsored

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you mean tool, you don't need it for 2010+ they're self learning.
but the tool from the '07-'09 does work on the '13, I had to use it once cause they didn't register, so shouldn't be any different on the '15.

SuperSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Do aftermarket wheels come with TPMS, or does it have to get added on (switched from stock wheels)? Is it hard to switch back and forth if I keep my stock wheels for winter?

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
I hate those freaking things. So dumb.

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I hate those freaking things. So dumb.
I'm a fan, personally... it's easier than getting out and checking the air pressure on each of the tires once a week.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
I'm a fan, personally... it's easier than getting out and checking the air pressure on each of the tires once a week.
I dunno, I've never had any sensitive enough to matter. They always seem to allow something ridiculous like +-5 PSI before they light up. Now if they were digital pressure gauges and read live PSI in each tire to a display... that would be endlessly useful.

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
I dunno, I've never had any sensitive enough to matter. They always seem to allow something ridiculous like +-5 PSI before they light up. Now if they were digital pressure gauges and read live PSI in each tire to a display... that would be endlessly useful.
that is available. and i think it is on the mustang.

beers

rumble

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt pp 1999 gt convt
The TPMS did save me from being stuck on the side of the interstase changing a tire that made me start liking them better. When the weather changes from hot to cool I always get that tire warning light .

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350

Sponsored

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do aftermarket wheels come with TPMS, or does it have to get added on (switched from stock wheels)? Is it hard to switch back and forth if I keep my stock wheels for winter?
You can't just switch sensors back and forth willy nilly, you'd have to brake down all the tires remount & balance every time. Doing that just once would cost more than a new set of sensors. Not to mention no tire shop could match the factory balance. They also use special value stems that can't be reused.

You could buy a brand new OEM set of 4 + valve stems on ebay for less than $100. Then you could change tires back and forth any time you want, the sensors are self learning. They don't have to say Ford on them either there's only one company that makes them and they're FCC regulated.

Also if you buy a set of rims and tires from someplace like Tire Rack or American Tire they'll install them before they ship.

shiv4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
Yeah but where can I get this new TPMS sensor. Can I buy the ones that work for 2014 models? For example, I want to purchase this wheel + tire combo:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/blackamr-19in-0513-pirelli-stag.html

The TPMS sensors cost 194 for this set. Although its a rip off, if they put them in for me, then it will cost me a lot less for labor. So it works out.

Please shed some light on this.

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can I buy the ones that work for 2014 models? For example, I want to purchase this wheel + tire combo:

The TPMS sensors cost 194 for this set. Although its a rip off, if they put them in for me, then it will cost me a lot less for labor. So it works out.
Can’t seem to find any technical spec on the ’15 sensors. Does anyone know what they are?
The 14’s are 315MHz. Did you call American Muscle to see if they know if they're still the same yet?

$194 is a bit much but still worth every penny if they ship them to your door mounted & balanced, then you could change them back and forth yourself any time.. I would even pay extra just to not have to go to a tire shop and have some monkey that doen't know what they're doing mess up my wheels.

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT

Nope. Added cost for nothing. I run slicks and then a set of street tires.
Sponsored