Sponsored

Toyota GR86 Anyone?

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
And you can make a 4 cyl enjoyable from a sound point of you. That ugly Fiat 500 with the Abarth package sounds wonderful (just as an example). But unfortunately the BRZ does not. Heck I enjoyed the sound of the sounaktor in my GTI that I could turn on and off.
Agreed on the Abarth.

Never heard of that Sounaktor on the GTI - I'm all for it (on/off).

I can see the Toyaburu twins getting some kind of sound enhancement in the future.
Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
While I'd probably never own one, I love that they exist. The world needs more small, lightweight, fun cars.

They'd sell tons more of them if they just had a little more power....
Long gone are times when we had:

Miata, Mr2, Integra type R, Prelude, Civic Si, Celica, Supra, Rx7, Rx8, nissans 200/300, eclipse, is300 and I probably missed some..

All we have now is gr86, 370z and Miatas.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I think the new Toyota (and Subaru BRZ) GR86 looks good. They upped the power, but not enough. But the styling looks much better. The taillights remind me of the Accord coupe a bit.

Toyota-GR86-Hero.jpg
I've always liked this car, but in the end was too small, and not enough power. Really wish Subaru would drop the WRX motor in as an option.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
It really isn't. At first, I thought it was shocking too. But if they gave the GR86 more power, it would directly compete with their other offering... the Supra. The GR86 has 230 horsepower. And it is now updated with a new design and current tech features. I think it will sell well. I wish the price was mid 20k instead of upper 20k, almost 30k for the base model.
Nah, they introduced and built this car for many years and long before they re-introduced the Supra. Until 2020, there was no Supra. Besides, this would even optioned out be 2/3 the price of a Supra, so no real competition.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've always liked this car, but in the end was too small, and not enough power. Really wish Subaru would drop the WRX motor in as an option.
The WRX motor only makes 40 more HP. IMO not enough to be worth all the changes and expense. I think if you want a WRX motor, just buy a WRX. I wouldn't want this car to have the hood raised to fit intercoolers, turbos and other plumbing in there. And I wouldn't want all that extra weight, either. Anyway, this engine is better than the WRX one IMO. It revs out better and makes peak power at 7,000 rpm rather than 5,600.
Sponsored