blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
ok, so this isn't the first time. but its starting to piss me off. it has happened twice in the last week. wondering if anyone else has this issue? and what kind of phone they have. i think it has something to do with Iphones. because this never happened when i had an android. or with my base '16 GT. unhooking the NEG terminal for a bit clears it up but i dont think i should have to do that. anyone else out there experiencing this?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
ok, so this isn't the first time. but its starting to piss me off. it has happened twice in the last week. wondering if anyone else has this issue? and what kind of phone they have. i think it has something to do with Iphones. because this never happened when i had an android. or with my base '16 GT. unhooking the NEG terminal for a bit clears it up but i dont think i should have to do that. anyone else out there experiencing this?
Can you give us a little more detail, please. Bluetooth? CarPlay? Sync 3 version & build #? Phone model? iOS version?

Also define "total" audio failure. Help us help you!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yes, def need more info in order to help with the problem.

Usually iOS or SYNC needs to be updated when such failures occur.

OP
OP
blackk3389

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, def need more info in order to help with the problem.

Usually iOS or SYNC needs to be updated when such failures occur.
I did an update a few months ago. it usually happens within a few minutes of startup. which leads me to believe it is when sync is connecting to my Iphone. all audio and phone and CD completely useless. When you try volume from steering wheel or knob the volume appears, but does not move around the circle. this never happen in my base '16 GT. but i did trade it in the same time my company banned us from Andriods and switch to Iphones. had to unhook neg term yesterday to fix. did this happen to you?

Torey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Same problem on my 18 seems to come from USB connection if apple car play. Had to disconnect battery and it fixed it.

Sponsored

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Have not had this issue and hopefully never will. My only complaint is how Iheart and LiveXLive behave through sync. its miserable...I'd rather just use my phone than sync them to the audio system

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
My audio has cut out a few when I shut the car off and then restart a few minutes later. Sometimes it's all audio and sometimes is just the satellite radio. Most of the time it corrects when I pull and reinstall fuse 25 (for the amplifier) in the passenger footwell. Sometimes it takes two cycles. Not right but it beats disconnecting the battery cable. My dealer says it needs a new satellite module, which is probably right since the XM/Sirius traffic shows only about 10% of the time, usually going away when I stop and then restart the car, like on errands.
Sponsored