Torque wrench

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have used my precision instruments torque wrench yesterday while putting the snow tires on the car. I overall cannot say how happy I am with the wrench. Very well made, very easy to use. I highly recommend it, its well worth the money.

The 3/8” is also here but I havent had any opportunity to use that yet.
Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
I use a short extension and torque outside the subframe from the wheel well. No issues so far :)

Crawled back under the car to safety wire my oil filter today and I want to second DocWalt's astute observation about being able to access and torque the spin off type oil filter from the opening to the wheel well for the lower suspension member. Completely missed the first time I was under there but it very clearly provides good access towards the end of the filter. The Ford filter socket can be used with a short extension on the torque wrench and adaptors to fit the 7/8 inch nut on the end of it and working through that opening.

That must have been Ford's intent all along and their supplement oil filter socket probably doesn't deserve some of the harsh criticism levied on it - including by me.

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Crawled back under the car to safety wire my oil filter today and I want to second DocWalt's astute observation about being able to access and torque the spin off type oil filter from the opening to the wheel well for the lower suspension member. Completely missed the first time I was under there but it very clearly provides good access towards the end of the filter. The Ford filter socket can be used with a short extension on the torque wrench and adaptors to fit the 7/8 inch nut on the end of it and working through that opening.

That must have been Ford's intent all along and their supplement oil filter socket probably doesn't deserve some of the harsh criticism levied on it - including by me.
How did you safety wire the filter, can you explain?

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
How did you safety wire the filter, can you explain?
There are probably more elegant ways but I used what I had on hand. I installed a worm drive hose clamp tight on the filter and then used some .035 wire used to secure the KO spinners on my Cobra wheels. I oriented the worm drive so the hex head was up on the rear side of the filter, fed my wire through between the hex head and the strap ran it down to the frame brace directly under the filter and threaded one side through an existing hole and used my KO wire pliers to twist both wire legs and snug it up. That should keep it from rotating counter-clockwise and loosening. I hope.
Sponsored