Sponsored

Top (3) Pre-Purchase Inspection Items

Bike4pizza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 perf blue, recaros, handling,tech,carbon dash
I am in the market for a low mileage 2019 with technology and handling package. I plan on using POMCAR for a 3rd party PPI service and they allow up to three special requests when they are inspecting the vehicle.

Any advice on what I should ask them to look at specifically?
Sponsored

z1huggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Corrosion on the aluminum hood and front fenders. Looks like paint bubbling, generally found along the edges.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
If itā€™s under warranty thereā€™s no need. And Iā€™d be surprised if they would do that. I wouldnā€™t just want anybody taking a part the motor. And yes pulling plugs can be screwed up by someone. No anti-seize, crossthread, etc.

Comprehensive compression test

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02ā€™ 360, 06ā€™ GT, 11ā€™ GT500, 15ā€™ 911, 17ā€™ 350
If itā€™s under warranty thereā€™s no need. And Iā€™d be surprised if they would do that. I wouldnā€™t just want anybody taking a part the motor. And yes pulling plugs can be screwed up by someone. No anti-seize, crossthread, etc.
Warranty or not, youā€™re in for a potential fight and a long drawn out process if compression is low and or engine is damaged. And no a compression test is by far one of the most basic engine test procedures and starting point to understand exactly what an engine is doing. If you a credible shop or rooftop dealer you shouldnā€™t have an issue pulling a spark plug. Where are you taking a car to do a inspection anyways, shadys bobs street lot? ;) If nothing else, pull the oasis report.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
If the car is still under the Ford Factory warranty, and most likely still the bumper to bumper, there will be no issue getting service on the car if needed, zero. Compression check, leak down check, whatever. This is assuming the car is stock. Pulling an oasis is a good idea. Ford is really good about the warranty's on these cars.

Warranty or not, youā€™re in for a potential fight and a long drawn out process if compression is low and or engine is damaged. And no a compression test is by far one of the most basic engine test procedures and starting point to understand exactly what an engine is doing. If you a credible shop or rooftop dealer you shouldnā€™t have an issue pulling a spark plug. Where are you taking a car to do a inspection anyways, shadys bobs street lot? ;) If nothing else, pull the oasis report.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
If the car is still under the Ford Factory warranty, and most likely still the bumper to bumper, there will be no issue getting service on the car if needed, zero. Compression check, leak down check, whatever. This is assuming the car is stock. Pulling an oasis is a good idea. Ford is really good about the warranty's on these cars.
I donā€™t know why you kept getting hung on on certain parts. If you get a bit picky dealer yes itā€™ll be hassle. Could it still go thru? Sure, but your last few posts have a lot of variables that need to be met or not be met. Itā€™s always better to errror on the side of caution.l than not. Itā€™s not a must but a good idea and if itā€™s being sold through ford chances are of you sign the papers of purchase theyā€™ll do a pre sale or post sale inspection and could include this for peace of mind.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Panel alignments

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
You lost me. I never said donā€™t have the car checked. I said a compression check wasnā€™t necessary. If it makes you feel better to do a compression check on a car with really low miles, and a factory warranty knock yourself out.

I donā€™t know why you kept getting hung on on certain parts. If you get a bit picky dealer yes itā€™ll be hassle. Could it still go thru? Sure, but your last few posts have a lot of variables that need to be met or not be met. Itā€™s always better to errror on the side of caution.l than not. Itā€™s not a must but a good idea and if itā€™s being sold through ford chances are of you sign the papers of purchase theyā€™ll do a pre sale or post sale inspection and could include this for peace of mind.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
i said what I said as the OP was looking for anything (advice) as he/she could submit a few special requests (compression test would fall under this, Iā€™d assume to think)
You lost me. I never said donā€™t have the car checked. I said a compression check wasnā€™t necessary. If it makes you feel better to do a compression check on a car with really low miles, and a factory warranty knock yourself out.
in post #4 you did say thereā€™s no need to
If itā€™s under warranty thereā€™s no need. And Iā€™d be surprised if they would do that.
i am not the one buying a car and all Iā€™m saying is itā€™s better to be safe than not. Low mileage doesnā€™t mean something couldnā€™t be put back to stock and or beat hard on. Thereā€™s a lot of what ifs. Just because isnā€™t necessarily for a compression test doesnā€™t mean it isnā€™t a good idea.

I know a few ford dealership whom would do a compression pre/post sale for you if that would keep a sale and promote future business.

the op can do as he / she pleases but Iā€™m just making one aware of compression tests and that itā€™s something you can and often should ask for especially on the higher end models (Shelbys).

And yes pulling plugs can be screwed up by someone. No anti-seize, crossthread, etc.
Iā€™ve never used anti seizeā€¦ key is using a torque wrench to get the exact tightness. Too many people donā€™t and over tighten them, which can damage the threads in the head.

Pulling plugs isnt detrimental and if youā€™re maximizing these gt350s plugs should be changed out more frequently. With a gap tool, just about anyone can accomplish it.

cheers :)
Sponsored

Last edited: