Sponsored

To All Of The People In Texas And In Particular The Houston Area

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Just wanted you all to know that myself and many other friends and family members are thinking of all of you during this difficult time and hope that you and your families are safe and sound and are coping as well as you can during the destruction of "Hurricane Harvey."

I have numerous family members, friends and acquaintances who reside in various parts of Texas many of which are car enthusiasts such as myself therefore my wife and I have been thinking of all of you during this difficult time.

It was not all that long ago that I flew into Houston sometime around June of 2012 and headed over to a Ford dealership in Katy, Texas with the intent of purchasing a 2013 Boss 302 LS (LS185).

I not only purchased LS185 but fell in love with a 2013 GHIG Boss 302 namely chassis number 333 that was on the showroom floor and brought that car back home to South Carolina as well.

Both of these outstanding cars presently reside with very close friends of mine.

During the purchase process in Katy I distinctly remember how polite and very nice the local people of Houston and the surrounding area were to me and that always stuck in my mind and I appreciated that very much.

Recently I have checked on numerous family and friends who live in various parts of Texas and I am very happy to report that everyone is doing well and wish all of the best to all others in Southern Texas included those who are fellow car enthusiasts such as myself.

We are all thinking of you during this difficult time and send best wishes to everyone affected!

:thumbsup: :love::love: :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yes, prayers and best wishes to all.

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
prayers and best wishes yes But send $$$ and hope the politicians don't steal it

FP350S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robear
Vehicle(s)
16 TY GT350
Hailing originally from NOLA and seeing first hand the devastation of Katrina my heart goes out to the people of South Texas. This maybe the saddest thing to ever happen to my adopted state with so much work ahead.
Texas is a place that has given me and my family a wonderful life the last 15 years. During that time I have learned from and believe that if any state or a people survive and come back better it's Texas and Texans!

God Bless and Godspeed!

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

Sponsored

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
In Houston with medical evacuation team.Everyone pray for more rescues to happen and not a high body count. The work here is amazing so many great people from all over!
This makes Andrew seem so minor!
Thanks to everyone who helped our convoy get thru!

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
In Houston with medical evacuation team.Everyone pray for more rescues to happen and not a high body count. The work here is amazing so many great people from all over!
This makes Andrew seem so minor!
Thanks to everyone who helped our convoy get thru!
If you are with the ATF team that came through the Woodlands on Monday night, I was the doc for the facility you guys stopped at for a bathroom break. Thank you guys so much for coming in to assist with everything! It was really something to see such a huge convoy of trucks and buses, all coming to help out all the people who got stuck in the worst disaster I think any of us in Houston have ever seen here!! :thumbsup:

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
Letting everybody know this is something that is effecting all of Texas and will impact the country as a whole.

North Texas is already running out of fuel at gas stations and we are being told the refineries and the roads to get the fuel out of Houston and coastal areas will take 3months to rebuild and get back on track. The average of $2.19 is expected to go to $3-4 per gallon. The fuel prices in other states will also climb as fuel is being redirected to Texas causing the supply to drive prices up.

The news stated Racetrack gas stations have said they are closing half of their gas station in the state. They learned from Katrina and rather experience fluctuating shortage at every store they will have a constant supply to only half. The remaining half will be open but will not have any fuel. There is a 30min to 1hr wait at every gas station to get fuel ask me how I know...

People are fleeing north and there is an outward impact. People don't have homes and jobs to return to and must seek refuge going north.

Also food and water is being sent by the truck loads causing shortages. I was at Costco and they were loading up water, food and goods by the trucks loads going to Houston and there was nothing left in the store.

So I imagine bottled water and other goods supply chains will also be strained and prices going up.

My point being is there is a ripple effect with the center (Houston) stinging the most and the ripples will go outward from coast to coast we will all be impacted in some way by this catastrophic event, you don't have to be in Houston to feel it.

We should all pray for those that lost their lives and also realize were not far removed from the storms impact. Realize this will impact everyones daily life rather than being just a footnote in the news.

Please don't turn an blind eye and if your able to please offer from something as small as a prayer to as large as volunteering or giving a small donation to one of the many relief agencies. All are stating including the governor that as little as $10 dollars is far reaching and impacting in the relief efforts in the eye of the storm. Many of us in North Texas are taking in friends, family and some to strangers opening our hearts and homes in an effort to help.

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The fuel price was already $3/gallon where i live in tri state area, now it jumped to $3.50 in a day.
Sponsored