Tires for random cold days

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
I recently bought an OEM sized stagger set of the UHP all season PS4, to replace the original uhp PS4s summer tires which were beginning to have sidewall age related cracking and a less compliant ride.
I went with the all seasons because I take trips in much colder areas several times a year and would rather drive the Mustang than the Wife's Escape.
This new set has brought back the handling and ride quality of when I first bought the car.
There might be a VERY small difference in the comparison, but for a street driven only car, both around town and highway, with a bit of exuberance thrown in when possible, these ps4 a/s tires are a very good choice.
Road noise is very subjective, impossible for me to hear it over the exhaust music or the radio, but, even with the A/E at quiet mode and the radio off-- windows up or down these tires are NOT noisy. Though on a few surfaces there might be a slight amount of "noise" but not anything that bothers me or the wife who has very sensitive hearing.
I am very satisfied with the way these new Michelins are performing , I just hope they hold up longer than the PS4S summers did.
Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I have ran the Indy 500 Firehawks in the low 30's with no issues. Like someone else said, just don't drive like an ass and you will be fine.

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have ran the Indy 500 Firehawks in the low 30's with no issues. Like someone else said, just don't drive like an ass and you will be fine.
It isn't the driving style. It's distance, age of tires, and weight of the car I'm concerned with.

josaycuervo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1 (MT, Velocity Blue)
This winter I've driven on PS4S tires just below 30F with slightly wet roads. Took it easy and had no issues. Any colder though and the Mustang stayed garaged.

I've periodically checked for cracks (none so far). Tires are coming up on 3 years old.
Sponsored

Last edited: