Tire Pressure Sensor Fault?

KY_V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Ranger FX4 Level 2
Just because they didn't set a TPMS light doesn't mean that the system is working properly.

The module has no way to know which sensor ID is located at which point on the vehicle unless the sensors are trained following the sequence in the service manual. So even though it may display 4 different readings, the display will not correlate with the actual position of the tire.

Once again, you need to follow the training procedure in order to allow the module to learn the sensor ID and location of each TPMS sensor.

What about when you rotate the tires front to back? Do you need to retrain? :confused:
Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
where can i find this training procedure? i found one for 11-14, but don't wana waste my time if its different

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I believe with Our cars you press the start button, don't start car, flick the hazard on off 3 times. Then screen will say set left front tire first then you let air out of that tire until horn beeps, then on to the next tire the screen says until done.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
What about when you rotate the tires front to back? Do you need to retrain? :confused:
Yeh, I can't speak one way or another about this Body Module thing but from what I've seen, the car does seems to know which sensor is where.

I just had my tires rotated and as I was pulling out of the shop, it hit me that they didn't program anything. I thought this would be an issue, however, by the next day I realized it had learned the new tire positions and was displaying them properly.

I know this because I've had a very slow leak in my front-right tire. It would always lose a few psi every few days (especially if exterior temps change drastically). When I pulled into my buddies shop to get them rotated, that tire was a couple psi low. Since it was the end of the day, and they were closing, I told them to just rotate the tires and not to worry about checking pressures. I would do that myself. I have the 20" Foundry wheels (square setup) so we used Ford's recommended rotating procedure. I think it was back tires move straight forward and front tires cross to back. When I left the shop, the "bad tire" was still shown in the same place on the display. By the next morning, the gauge display correctly showed that "low" tire in it's new position. They definitely auto-learned!

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
As long as you have set the tires once, it knows which sensor is where after that. Just needs a starting point.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TERENCE
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT/5.0
Alrighty guys, this is my first post to M6G, really hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. As i was driving home today, i got the message "Tire Pressure Sensor Fault," although there is no flat what so ever, any ideas? 🤷

Had same issue with the low tire light on also & the tpms pressure reading showing only 3 little dots for the reading & no number for the left front tire & I immediately went crazy & to google/you tube/mustang6g everywhere else trying to get help & thought it was the sensor in the l/f wheel as a lot of others wrongfully thought as well. After believing that, I tried a different sensor from an extra wheel I had on that l/f rim & that didn't work & I tried a whole extra rim & tire I had also on the l/f of my car which failed also when I tried the relearning procedure I read about after googling about this that said you could reset the tpms by letting 10% of the air out of the tires to retrain their sensors during that procedure & I couldn't ever get past retraining the l/f as I was constantly getting an message on the dash saying tire not trained repeat when I tried to retrain the r/f after getting the horn to honk on the l/f meaning it was trained & after about 40 damn dollars to try that different sensor in the l/f & 40 more damn dollars at the air machine at a non-convenient 24hr store I was about to take it to the dealership before I FINALLY BOUGHT THE RELEARNING TOOL FROM AMAZON FOR $20.54 & used it the proper way to retrain my sensors, (which again, were still all about 8 years old on my 2015 gt), & a MIRACLE HAPPENED when I got all 4 wheels' sensors retrained & got the dash message saying TRAINING COMPLETE after which I pushed the start/stop engine button on my automatic gt to get out of the relearning mode & started my gt up & saw that all 4 of my sensors were reading proper pressures again "FINALLY" "THANK GOD!" "YOU KNOW!!!"

By the way to put the car in the relearning mode (if you have an automatic 2015 gt that is), I used the following method:
With all tires at recommended factory pressures (listed on driver's side door jamb, mine 32psi), & while sitting in the car with all power off, including accessories, Push the brake once/start-stop-engine button 5 times/brake once again/star-stop-engine button 6 times/get a horn honk & message on dash saying train left front tire & from there you take that grey little rectangular relearning tool & place it right next to the valve stem but parallel with the stem, or perpendicular to the stem & push the button on the tool once & ensure the little red light comes on once & wait for a connection to be made & a honk which informs you that there is a connection between the sensor & the tpms & you'll see a message on the dash after that which tells you to train right front & you repeat what you just did on the l/f but on the r/f until you hear another honk & see a dash message saying train right rear & you repeat the tool procedure again until you get another honk & a message saying train left rear & you repeat the tool procedure again & get a last honk & FINALLY see a dash message saying TRAINING COMPLETE & you're DONE & you hit the start-stop-engine button to get out relearning mode & push brake & start car & go to tpms readings on your dash & ALL SHOULD BE FINE!!! P.S.- "HOPE THIS HELPS YOU KNOW" & "IS NOT ON HERE TOO LATE!!!"

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50 Year Edition
i replaced all 4 but only front have problem.
i have same problem here! here is the history: replace the wheels using aftermarket sensors, all good for a few weeks, then suddenly front right went off, displayed Fault sensor and the 2 dots on that corner, then after driving more it went back, a few months later both front tires went off, so only rear ones are working, i tried everything! relearn, training, replace sensors and still the front ones not paired! so i bought OEM expensive sensors from dealer by VIN#, guess what! nothing! same shit! that was a $180 try and error! the tire shop have a fancy tool that shows each sensor information, like frequency, battery etc. all of them are sending signal at 315MHz and all batteries are 100% but when you trying to learn front ones nothing happens, only rear ones works!! this is nuts! so i put the rear wheels to the front and front in the back if it is something of range problem, but guess what! the rear tire still works at front position, and front tires still not works on rear position so it is not a range problem, it is a learn issue! not sure how this works but i tried 3 different brand (aftermarket) sensor and the OEM Motorcraft brand new from dealer and still not worked! this is drive me crazy! i went to dealer and they said it is the sensors! but they are brand new from ford! what is the possibility of 2 sensor went bad from new at same time? and what about the other aftermarket ones? the tire machine reads all of them as good! so it is something with the car! they said that this TPMS system works or not works, this means if the rear ones are reading the front should read as well. they just couldn't help me with the problem! and so far nos solution is found yet! we did all tire and sensor related troubleshooting, it should something in the BCM? or external device that is blocking this signal? pdta: i got so many accessories installed like led lights, radar, dashcam, sound system, etc. but when sensors where working before i got same thing at that time, nothing changed or added or removed when this started to happens, I NEED HELP!!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TERENCE
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT/5.0
I HAVE NO F_CKING IDEA EXCEPT FOR IT'S JUST A CONFUSED DAMN/BAD/NON-WORKING TPMS & OR CAR'S DAMN MAIN COMPUTER SYSTEM WHICH CONTROLS THE TPMS ALSO YOU KNOW! BUT HOPEFULLY IT'S JUST SOMETHING BLOCKING THE SIGNAL FROM THE FRONT SENSORS TO THE COMPUTER & SINCE YOU HAVE ALL THAT OTHER ELECTRONIC STUFF INSTALLED TOO, SOME OF THAT MIGHT BE MESSING UP THE SIGNAL YOU KNOW AS IN THE "RADAR" SYSTEM & OR THE UPGRADED SOUND SYSTEM, SO I'D DISCONNECT BOTH OF THOSE SYSTEMS TEMPORARILY & CHECK IT AGAIN. AND I'D MAKE SURE I HAD GOOD EXTENDED WARRANTY COVERAGE PURCHASED & IN EFFECT FOR SURE FROM A GOOD COMPANY SUCH AS ENDURANCE OR TOCO & TAKE IT TO THE DEALERSHIP YOU KNOW (I HATE TO SAY) TOO, IF IT'S OUT OF WARRANTY ALREADY AS FAR AS ELECTRICAL STUFF GOES ANYWAY & LET THEM FIX IT FOR A SINGLE $100 DEDUCTIBLES PRICE HOPEFULLY YOU KNOW! ANYWAY, GREAT LUCK GETTING IT FIXED NOW YOU KNOW, AS I'D BE GOING INSANE & BE ABOUT READY TO JUST F_CKING "NUKE" THE DAMN THING YOU KNOW, MYSELF, AT THAT POINT ALSO!!!

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50 Year Edition
I HAVE NO F_CKING IDEA EXCEPT FOR IT'S JUST A CONFUSED DAMN/BAD/NON-WORKING TPMS & OR CAR'S DAMN MAIN COMPUTER SYSTEM WHICH CONTROLS THE TPMS ALSO YOU KNOW! BUT HOPEFULLY IT'S JUST SOMETHING BLOCKING THE SIGNAL FROM THE FRONT SENSORS TO THE COMPUTER & SINCE YOU HAVE ALL THAT OTHER ELECTRONIC STUFF INSTALLED TOO, SOME OF THAT MIGHT BE MESSING UP THE SIGNAL YOU KNOW AS IN THE "RADAR" SYSTEM & OR THE UPGRADED SOUND SYSTEM, SO I'D DISCONNECT BOTH OF THOSE SYSTEMS TEMPORARILY & CHECK IT AGAIN. AND I'D MAKE SURE I HAD GOOD EXTENDED WARRANTY COVERAGE PURCHASED & IN EFFECT FOR SURE FROM A GOOD COMPANY SUCH AS ENDURANCE OR TOCO & TAKE IT TO THE DEALERSHIP YOU KNOW (I HATE TO SAY) TOO, IF IT'S OUT OF WARRANTY ALREADY AS FAR AS ELECTRICAL STUFF GOES ANYWAY & LET THEM FIX IT FOR A SINGLE $100 DEDUCTIBLES PRICE HOPEFULLY YOU KNOW! ANYWAY, GREAT LUCK GETTING IT FIXED NOW YOU KNOW, AS I'D BE GOING INSANE & BE ABOUT READY TO JUST F_CKING "NUKE" THE DAMN THING YOU KNOW, MYSELF, AT THAT POINT ALSO!!!
not warranty or extended warranty on this case!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TERENCE
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT/5.0
YOU NEED TO GET RICH NOW IN THAT CASE! I NEED TO GET RICH MYSELF YOU KNOW "NOW" TOO SO I CAN REALLY AFFORD ALL THIS SUPPOSEDLY GREAT & TOUGH & FANCY-ASS BUT SCREWED-UP ASS FORD "CRAP" ALONG WITH GETTING ME AN EXPENSIVE FINE-LOOKING WOMAN THAT I'M GOING TO F_CK NOW YOU KNOW & F_CK ALL THE WAY & F_CK ALL THE TIME & F_CK FOREVER TOO IN MY PERSONALLY OWNED HOT-ROD ROLLS & MANSION & BEACH/ISLAND/SERENE/CLEAN/PARADISE ALONG WITH EVERYTHING ELSE I'VE EVER WANTED TOO FOR THAT DAMN MATTER!!!
P.S.-THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE ALSO THAT YOU HAVE A BAD RELEARNING-TOOL? IT WOULD BE A LOT CHEAPER TO BUY/TRY ANOTHER ONE FIRST YOU KNOW FROM AMAZON OR EBAY OR A BETTER PLACE SUCH AS "ROCKAUTO.COM" ESPECIALLY WITH ALL THIS NEW DAMN WEAK A_S ELECTRONIC "CRAP", THAT MIGHT SOLVE THE PROBLEM YOU KNOW??
Sponsored