Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Hey guys, need some opinions.

So I may be moving from Los Angeles to Seattle later this year (school and cheaper cost of living, Los Angeles is killing me) and I was wondering what do you guys do for tires when winter rolls around. It appears that Seattle doesn't get THAT cold, nor does it snow very often (correct me if im wrong). Sometime this year ill need to change my tires. I have the EB with the Performace Package. I thought about getting a good set of performance all season tires, but I found that for a few hundred more I can get a good set of wheels and winter tires, and save my summer tires for when it warms up. Our temps here in Santa Monica get down to the high 40's at night and this is my first time driving in cold weather like this, and I can feel the Pirelli's having a hard time gaining traction when its really cold out, and I don't want to take that risk in a place where its going to get even colder.

What would you guys suggest?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Ndsysiv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP/Recaro's
Hey, I think its all personal preference and really what you're looking for. A high performance all season will serve you better than a snow tire around here.but if you really want a second set get some blizzacks on the other wheels for winter. Just my .02 GL with the move!

ORANG50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
665rwhp 531rwtq
Unless you plan to take your mustang up the passes to go skiing in the winter you probably could just get by with all-seasons in the winter. Everything seems to shut down when it snows and sticks in the lowlands.

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
RE11s. I moved from Bay Area (dry and warm) to Portland (wet and cold...very similar to Seattle). I don't drive my Mustang as a DD but the RE11s are one of the best track tires and do amazingly well in wet and wear. I have only been focused on extreme summer performance categories. In this group other worthy tires are DIIs and AD08s.

In group right below extreme, I think TireRack has S04s for a killer deal. Great tire as well.

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Unless you plan to take your mustang up the passes to go skiing in the winter you probably could just get by with all-seasons in the winter. Everything seems to shut down when it snows and sticks in the lowlands.
Yeah I don't plan on taking my car up there in the winter. If I ever have to ill get a cheap 4WD truck or something. All seasons sound like a good alternative.

Sponsored

Nine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I put a set of Conti DWS06 onto my PP wheels for winter use, and I've got a set of MPSS ready to go onto another set of wheels for summer.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I'm in Seattle and have run Continental Extreme Contact DWS (Dry, Wet, Snow) on four of my cars. Awesome tires for traction year 'round here in Seattle and they are priced very attractively. I'm ordering the updated DWS06's for my '14 GT very soon.

TenaciousB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I bought Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position A/S's and the wet road performance especially when there was water on the roadway was shocking over the Pirelli A/S's. But some of that could also be the bigger wheels.

Spartan_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT/PP M/T
I put a set of Conti DWS06 onto my PP wheels for winter use, and I've got a set of MPSS ready to go onto another set of wheels for summer.
I'm in Seattle and have run Continental Extreme Contact DWS (Dry, Wet, Snow) on four of my cars. Awesome tires for traction year 'round here in Seattle and they are priced very attractively. I'm ordering the updated DWS06's for my '14 GT very soon.
Do either of you have experience with the DWS06s in snow? I'm looking for a good set of winter tires. I live in Indiana and am trying to decide between All-Seasons or a set of true winters and a summer set.
Sponsored