Tire Mounting

Blackjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I received my Forgeline VX-1 wheels this week and need to get tires mounted. I want to do my homework on local shops to help minimize the risk of any damage to the wheels. Is there a particular mounting machine that I should be asking for? I'm sure some are better than others. After a 3 month wait and paying a king's ransom, I'll be just a little fired up if some tech drags a mounting head across the wheel edge. If it matters, I'll be wrapping the wheels with Michelin PS4S. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I received my Forgeline VX-1 wheels this week and need to get tires mounted. I want to do my homework on local shops to help minimize the risk of any damage to the wheels. Is there a particular mounting machine that I should be asking for? I'm sure some are better than others. After a 3 month wait and paying a king's ransom, I'll be just a little fired up if some tech drags a mounting head across the wheel edge. If it matters, I'll be wrapping the wheels with Michelin PS4S. Any help is appreciated.
I don’t know what’s around where you live. But I’ve personally have always had good luck with Plazatire they’ve never screwed up my wheels. Unfortunately years ago I made the mistake of having Valvoline just rotate my wheels on my Accord and they destroyed them. With that being said I’ve been pretty cautious about who handles my wheels/tires.

pghgeorge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt 34 Ford
I had similar concerns.
Installers using CORGHI MASTER touchless tire mounting was my answer.
You can watch videos on line of touchless
mounting on low profile tires.
I used a mobile installer that had that equipment,
and I could not be more pleased.
Cost of tire mounting was the same as other local tire shops.
My Mobile installer was "Go Mobile Tires".
It is a nationwide franchise that is owned by an individual in your area.
Check Tire Rack installers in your area.
Tires do not have to be purchased from Tire Rack.
You can see what equipment each installer is using .
Good Luck
Sponsored