Sponsored

Tips for getting private cash from FoMoCo?

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Anyone who has ordered brochures in the mail...how long did it take to get them? I ordered some about a week ago and haven't received anything yet. EDD is 3/19 and I think that might be conservative so I am wondering if they'll even get here before the car does.

Also, only the ones in the mail have the private cash coupon, correct? From what I remember the coupon is not distributed with the emailed brochures.
I believe it took like 3 weeks to receive brochures the last time I did it.
Sponsored

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 RR Convenience
I'm 10 days from delivery and used the trade in tool. I got a black book estimate and a few emails but no cash offers. Any thoughts? Does it arrive later? How do you contact the Ford marketing guys - I never tried that but people mention it...

Thanks!

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I'm 10 days from delivery and used the trade in tool. I got a black book estimate and a few emails but no cash offers. Any thoughts? Does it arrive later? How do you contact the Ford marketing guys - I never tried that but people mention it...

Thanks!
I got one when I tried the first time in the last week of February. But the offer was only good for 5 days and I couldn't use it. My car is set to arrive this month end and I'm trying since a week to get another one but no luck. I tried calling the Ford Marketing customer care but wasn't able to get anything. They said they could see another offer for me in the system set to expire 03/23 :doh:, gave me the certificate id and program no. but wouldn't email it to me. I tried giving that information to the dealer but he says he can't use it and doesn't see the same in his system.

You can try calling them at 1-800-334-4375. Press 1 twice to get to a person

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
So they have nothing in the system for me. I've purchased a Shelby and a Fusion in the last 24 months. The deal I negotiated with the dealer is inclusive of all the national and dealer discounts so only something I bring to the table is going to help. If my trade in value is not spectacular I am getting my deposit back and walking. Not cool that some customers get special treatment but this particular repeat customer does not.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
So they have nothing in the system for me. I've purchased a Shelby and a Fusion in the last 24 months. The deal I negotiated with the dealer is inclusive of all the national and dealer discounts so only something I bring to the table is going to help. If my trade in value is not spectacular I am getting my deposit back and walking. Not cool that some customers get special treatment but this particular repeat customer does not.
Well I'm thinking of the same, considering getting my deposit back. I've had 2 Ford vehicles in the past, Fusion and a Mustang. I'm frustrated that the last time i bought my Mustang, the private cash offer came in the mail a week after I purchased it. The dealer refused to do anything about it. This time, i can't even use them because they're sent at the wrong time and can't be used towards my purchase. I'm disappointed at the way Ford treats their loyal customers. As much as I love the S550 Mustang over anything else in the market right now, this thing is pissing me off.

Sponsored

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Well I'm thinking of the same, considering getting my deposit back. I've had 2 Ford vehicles in the past, Fusion and a Mustang. I'm frustrated that the last time i bought my Mustang, the private cash offer came in the mail a week after I purchased it. The dealer refused to do anything about it. This time, i can't even use them because they're sent at the wrong time and can't be used towards my purchase. I'm disappointed at the way Ford treats their loyal customers. As much as I love the S550 Mustang over anything else in the market right now, this thing is pissing me off.
100% with you. I got over the fact that my Fusion went for 38K MSRP 34K Purchase to 18K trade in 10 months but this really makes it hit home. That and there are an M2 and an RS3 sitting locally that need a daddy

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Ford gave me some private cash on an RS, even though I already had one and sold it by then.

Oh well.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ford is not sending out brochures anymore, so I am not sure how the Private Cash will be distributed going forward. I tried to order some brochures on the website today and noticed that portion of the brochure page being gone. Called their marketing support and they confirmed that Ford has stopped sending out brochures.

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Ford is not sending out brochures anymore, so I am not sure how the Private Cash will be distributed going forward. I tried to order some brochures on the website today and noticed that portion of the brochure page being gone. Called their marketing support and they confirmed that Ford has stopped sending out brochures.
This inability to get private cash and the stopping of brochures actually precipitated my investigating other cars and led to me giving up on the 2018 that I ordered. It's pretty sad that a couple hundred bucks out of their profit was enough to lose customers. I even reached out to Ford service on this board and they didn't bother to reply. Their service seems, to me, to have gone way downhill since last year.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I think Ford ended the program of having customer service reps on forums a while back. They are definitely going in the wrong direction.

Sponsored

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I ordered some brochures 2 weeks ago, will be interesting to see if I get them(and if I get a coupon). Not holding my breath.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
Called marketing, apparently ford is on a company wide "print hold" so you can't request a print brochure.
Also asked about private cash the speed talking rep (they must be on a time limit or something lol) was pretty frank and said that ford corporate issues those based on algorithms they determine privately. He didn't see any on files for me but encouraged me to call back any time to have them recheck.
My car should be here within two weeks so I guess I just need to stay on ford's radar! Maybe I'll research ecotechs or something lol

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I called and had a $750 offer