Sponsored

Tinted Tail Lights

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
how's the fitment? looks like there is a gap along the bottom, more so the lights closest to the center. a lot of the AM reviews say the same :shrug:
It’s not really a gap. The cover is not meant to be an exact fit to the light. It extends slightly past at the bottom. You can’t see the red of the tail light unless you are looking up from below.

It’s a great alternative vs tint. I didn’t want something that permanent.
Sponsored

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
I have the vinyl overlays for the tails and the reverse light. Can't put them on until it warms up though....It'll look great I'm sure. On brighter colors especially and since the tail piece is black.

I have smoked side markers and front turn signals. With the black windows it looks pretty sinister, these will complete the look

OP
OP
AGGT350

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
how's the fitment? looks like there is a gap along the bottom, more so the lights closest to the center. a lot of the AM reviews say the same :shrug:
The fitment is 8 out of 10, some red but only if you look really close. The positive thing is for $60 its velcro so you can take it off and on, which you cant do with tint. I also followed one of the AM reviewers install suggestion, which really helped. Final thoughts, its worth the money because it does make car the look really good.
Lastly, its smoked tail lights, so its not too dark and i dont think the cops will have an issue with it (a CHP was behind me yesterday during the day).

Last edited:

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Headlight and tail light tints are illegal in Florida, resulting in a non moving violation

Sponsored

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
The vinyl overlays don't really dim the lights much at all. That's probably why I like them more than the covers. The material is thin, and the car's LED lighting shines through very well.

I had this type of tint on another car about 13 years ago (Lamin-X) and side by side at night you could barely tell the difference when brakes were applied.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Cool ass license plate frame! I am in Georgia too out in the Conyers area. Tinted tail lights look pretty good.
Damn, my old stomping grounds. I use to go to a bar Hot Spot on the regular in late 90s. I just went to Blue Willow Inn last year while I was on vacation. I miss ATL a lot!

:cheers:

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks and thanks...I’m out by Peachtree City.
I use to run the Peachtree City 10K back in the day. My friend Robert (Bob) Dalton lives there and is a very popular runner. Super nice guy. We were stationed at Fort McPherson back in the day.

:cheers:

r1racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Looks good on AG...going on my to do list. Are the tint kits from American Muscle Vinyl or actual tint with adhesive?

Sponsored
OP
OP
AGGT350

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Looks good on AG...going on my to do list. Are the tint kits from American Muscle Vinyl or actual tint with adhesive?
Not sure of the other applications but hard covers I got are 3m with Velcro on both sides and I followed these instructions

As some other reviews have noted, do not follow the AM install instructions. Here's how I installed my set. 1) Remove velcro piece from cover that will stick on the light itself. 2) Remove tape backing from velcro piece that is now in your hand. 3) Slide cover onto tail light. With a headlamp or flashlight, note where the tape should be placed. 4) Remove the cover and place the tape. 5) Look at the cover and note the relation between the first piece and the backside piece. 6) Estimate the location and place your second piece of tape. 7) Put on the tail light cover and you're done! Most of my covers fit perfectly fine although they take some force to seat correctly. There is a very slight bit of red showing on one or two of my pieces but it is hardly noticeable. The others fit perfectly.