Sponsored

Time for new tires

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
Ok ladies & gentlemen. Time for the almost 9 year old stock Pirellis to go. Any input for replacements are appreciated. Was thinking about Michelins of some sort, but not sure I want to spend that much coin for a car that doesn't see that many miles. Only have 2,916 miles currently, and the replacements are more for safety than anything. They are well past their prime due to drying and aging. Traction is not really acceptable either at this point due to the age. Did some spritied driving yesterday and these underperformed, to say the least. Thanks in advance for everybody's 2 cents. Other brands I was thinking of for additional thoughts. Nitto, Goodyear, Continental, BFG... 🍻
Sponsored

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
After seeing you say your not sure you wanna spend crazy on Michelins. Then i guess it depends on your price range. There are tons of tires out there that are not too expensive. There are Kuhmo, Hankook, Goodyear,... all of those dont exactly break the bank. I personally run lexani all seasons on my stocks.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I do have the Michelin Pilot All Season 4 and they are fantastic. They are really pricey though and are rated for 50k miles I believe. I hope to get them worn out before they get to dry myself. There are tons of cheaper options, Tire Rack website is your friend to help narrow down good choices and do research for me.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Im going with summer Pirelli Pzero up front and in the rear I’m going with Pirelli Pzero Pz4.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I run Continental Extreme Contact Sport and love them. Right up there with Michelin in terms of performance but not as pricey. A lot of folks run the DWS06 if you want an all season tire instead of a summer only

Sponsored

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
Very, very happy with my Continental Extreme Contact Sport DWS06 Plus.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Considering you don't drive your car often (2100 miles on 9 year old tires). I a going to guess the few miles you put on it, is when the weather is great. You have many options to choose from and they don't have to be expensive, considering they won't really get used that much. :) :)

Twi5ter.0range

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I’ve always went with Michelin, but I just put on continental extremecontact dws06 plus and they’re performing fantastic. They perform just as good as michelins. Only thing I personally don’t like is that the sidewalls don’t look as good as the michelins do, makes the fender to tire gap look bigger.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The Continentals traditinally have a more rounder shoulder and like you, there are many that prefer the blockier look of the Michelins and other brands. Height wise, they should be equal to the Michelins, but will definitly run more narrow.

I’ve always went with Michelin, but I just put on continental extremecontact dws06 plus and they’re performing fantastic. They perform just as good as michelins. Only thing I personally don’t like is that the sidewalls don’t look as good as the michelins do, makes the fender to tire gap look bigger.

Twi5ter.0range

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
The Continentals traditinally have a more rounder shoulder and like you, there are many that prefer the blockier look of the Michelins and other brands. Height wise, they should be equal to the Michelins, but will definitly run more narrow.
Yeah I realized that when I put them on. First time I’ve ran continentals.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I've run Conti's on my other cars but recently installed the Extreme Sport 02 on the Mustang and instantly noticed they are nowhere near as wide as my previous tires and the tape measure proved it. I went to a 285 on the front and they are barely as wide as the 275's I had oin previously and the 305 in the rear are almost an inch narrower.

Yeah I realized that when I put them on. First time I’ve ran continentals.

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
I put a set of Conti Extreme Sport on my 18 GT when I owned it and was disappointed how they looked smaller with a noticeable increase in fender to tire gap. I will not make that tire choice again for this reason. My current ride will need new tires within the next 6 months and I plan to bite the bullet and get another set of Michelin P4's. I justify the expense thinking that the tires connect my car to the roadway and I want to stay connected and have the car look good too.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I don't notice any height difference in the Conti's, just the width is narrower.

20230220_172507.jpg

20230220_172455.jpg
Sponsored