Sponsored

Time for Dealer Delivery and Handover

gz_1993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2.3L (its coming, hopefully..)
Hey everyone I was wondering how long does it take for the dealer to take delivery and then hand it over to the customer?

My mustang arrived yesterday at the dealership and my dealer hasn't really given me a time frame for handover. I'm with Peter Warren in Liverpool. They are a relatively large dealership and basically told me it might take up to a week...
Sponsored

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
Its can be as little as a day. Depending upon the dealer.

Before you take delivery spend as much time as you can going over the car.
Examine every panel, inspecting for paint defects/dents.
Very closely look at the seats and trim, apparently the leather is quite thin.

As for Peter Warren, take five hours to look over the car...wont discuss issue openly, but I wouldnt trust them to deliver a pizza.

Check all fluids, it is not as uncommon as you would think that brake fluid etc has not been filled to full.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Hey everyone I was wondering how long does it take for the dealer to take delivery and then hand it over to the customer?

My mustang arrived yesterday at the dealership and my dealer hasn't really given me a time frame for handover. I'm with Peter Warren in Liverpool. They are a relatively large dealership and basically told me it might take up to a week...
Mine took nearly a week, don't rush this process though as you don't want them to do a half a** job

Go over every single inch of the cars paint work before you leave the dealership, there will most likely be issues. I know you will probably get really excited but you need to keep a level head about it.

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
I know you will probably get really excited but you need to keep a level head about it.
Above, the most truthfull words ever typed...

Really go over the car with a fine tooth comb

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Bring a xenon, led, or a brinkman light :thumbsup:
Sponsored