Sponsored

Tiger Racing vs Anderson Composites Vented Hood

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Has anyone seen either of these hoods in real life?

I know the Tiger Racing hood is aero tested for correct heat extraction. I'm not sure if the Anderson vented hoods are. But I do know that Kohr Motorsport uses the Anderson Composite vented hoods. I don't particularly care for the weave as it will be painted. But which one has the better weave?

I'm probably going to order one for looks and for heat extraction as i do plan to turn my car into a full blown track car. But I'm trying to figure out which one has better fit/quality and which one is better engineered for racing.

Is there any issues with driving in the rain with these vented hoods (stock intake)? What about washing the car? Sorry if this sounds stupid but I'd hate to have to swap the hood everytime I want to wash the car.
Sponsored

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW

Anderson vented Carbon hood. 2016 GT PP, daily driver with GT 350 manifold and CAI. No issues and the fit and finish is OEM quality or better. I have a Tiger racing hood on my 2011 and would have gotten one for my '16 but I just don't like how it looks. The vents are pinched too close together. No issues with water so far.
Steve

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
How long have you been DDing it with that hood? I am curious about water issues as well.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I've seen a ton of the Tiger hoods in person and they are all top notch, incredibly well made.

As a matter of fact I was poking around the Chicane 23 car yesterday contemplating the Tiger hood. I do know that with the Tiger that it is so functional that you need to make a specific heat shield for your CAI if you are running an open element filter in the engine bay. You have to get it to seal a little more laterally towards the fender or else your motor will be fighting for air. This appears to be a case on a particular B302S in the shop now.

Did I mention the tiger was gorgeous (almost a shame to paint, but I would as I don't like the carbon look.

Sponsored

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is there any issues with driving in the rain with these vented hoods (stock intake)? What about washing the car? Sorry if this sounds stupid but I'd hate to have to swap the hood everytime I want to wash the car.
I have the Anderson hood, and my comment here is that water IS going to enter the engine bay when you wash or drive in rain. No avoiding that.

The left front louver is above the airbox, so if you have an open element filter then its going to get wet.
Sponsored