Aubrey

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
Running e85 pump with e85r tune. It’s so much better! Highly addictive.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

bloodocean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I just installed pp2 and getting similar problem. When accelerating hard between shifts it bucks anything above 5500rpms. Didn't do this before installing pp2. Happens in any gear.
This is the no lift shift feature. Same happened to me after PP2. You have to be really careful to have zero overlap of throttle and clutch at high throttle / high rpm, else it’ll cough and sputter.

You can also just use the no lift as designed and leave the throttle matted while you shift, and it does work pretty well. It feels wrong the first couple times, but it shifts pretty smooth when you use it.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
This is the no lift shift feature. Same happened to me after PP2. You have to be really careful to have zero overlap of throttle and clutch at high throttle / high rpm, else it’ll cough and sputter.

You can also just use the no lift as designed and leave the throttle matted while you shift, and it does work pretty well. It feels wrong the first couple times, but it shifts pretty smooth when you use it.
I figured that! Thanks for the info. I'll try using it now.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I have had this issue with my 17 since new. It did not go away with my Ford PP1 tune either. Very embarrassing when it happens, but I recently removed the Ford Racing catch can that I put on at around 300 miles (27000 now) and I haven't had it since then. I was only getting about 2oz per 10000 miles so I saw no need for it any more. I'm wondering if it was causing a PCV issue.

Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I picked up my 2017 three weeks ago. This happened to me for the first time this morning in the dunkin donuts drive through while getting my morning coffee! Car is 100% stock. Was odd....

bloodocean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Happens to me here and there as well. I feel like it happens when the car is cold and I give it too much throttle while slipping the clutch from a stop - enough to spin up the rpms and not go faster if that makes sense.

To mitigate I just push the clutch all the way back in, let the revs settle, then grab 2nd. I have 3.73 so 2nd works even at a stop.
Sponsored