Throttle Body From The Focus RS Ecoboost

Just Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus RS
Just a quick question the Ecoboost Mustang gets a 60mm Throttle Body. Has anyone used a TB off the Focus RS as that has a 65mm TB, did you feel or did the car make any gains, but more importantly did it work ?

The reason I ask, Ford Performance offer a 70mm TB for the Ecoboost 2.3L Mustang motor, but Ford Performance are unable to confirm it works on the Focus RS 2.3L.

So my first question if the Focus RS TB works on the Mustang then the Ford Performance TB should work on the Focus RS I guess ...........................

If I had the storage space I'd of taken a Bullit.
M-9926-M2370.jpg
Sponsored

MegaMagneticStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Turbo Mustang all Magnetic
the Focus RS throttle body is really 65mm? that would be a really cheap upgrade over the stock TB on the mustang. That ford performance one is stupid expensive, as are the other 65mm brands.

Does the focus RS one really work? how do you know its 65mm?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Also are there any calibration differences between the Focus and S550 TB’s? Just asking because the modern TB is now an electronic part as opposed to the old days when these were just a butterfly valve and external spring.

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the 70 MM does not need a tune to work from the Official Ford Performance website:

• Fits 2015-17 Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost
  • 70 MM throttle replaces production 60 MM throttle body
  • Billet aluminum construction with polished exterior
  • Complete bolt on replacement fully compatible with the production air intake system
  • Includes new mounting bolts
  • No calibration changes are required

Would it be awesome to install a RS intake manifold also? Maybe a little modification and you will be good to go???
https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Cast-Alloy-Intake-Manifold-Focus-RS-p/2536-cim-ca.htm

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium

Sponsored

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app

MegaMagneticStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Turbo Mustang all Magnetic
ims till having a hard time believing that ford made a whole new part just for the RS given its the same motor as the mustang... does anyone have the part number for the mustang TB to compare it to the Focus? or better yet a buddy who has an RS that can physically measure their TB to tell us

Deleted member

Would it be awesome to install a RS intake manifold also? Maybe a little modification and you will be good to go???
https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Cast-Alloy-Intake-Manifold-Focus-RS-p/2536-cim-ca.htm
You wouldn't be able to do a RS intake manifold without custom routing your charge pipes. The throttle body inlet for the RS manifold is in the center and bottom of the manifold, because the charge pipe comes up from underneath by the firewall. Where the Mustangs throttle body inlet is on the left of the manifold facing forward.

Even if you did this the gains would be questionable for your time and money spent. Better to go with a billet MAP intake manifold that has shown proven gains.

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Yes I’ve asked FP and they have said no plans for 2018+ support.

The throttle body itself is not anticipated to add any HP gains unless we are talking high HP builds with big turbos.
Figures:lipssealed:
Sponsored