Sponsored

Thoughts & opinions on --> ROUSH MAX COOLING UPGRADE?

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I understand the idea and principles behind this but not my cup of tea. I’d rather spend $1100 on a killer chiller and get way better iat2’s and use the left over money for other parts. Now if Roush could show consistent real world numbers at just above what the Killer chiller can do then it might be worth the money. I’m also not a real fan of chopping up my car either but that’s just me.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
I understand the idea and principles behind this but not my cup of tea. I’d rather spend $1100 on a killer chiller and get way better iat2’s and use the left over money for other parts. Now if Roush could show consistent real world numbers at just above what the Killer chiller can do then it might be worth the money. I’m also not a real fan of chopping up my car either but that’s just me.
Thanks for the reply!!! =) what is a killer chiller? I've never heard of it. I'm new to S550S, I'm an oldschool foxbody guy, learning as I go along.
I agree with you via chopping up car. The kit does come w that those really cool side front fender vents that the stage 3 has.. they work hand and hand w front fascia vents to cool off auxiliary coolers.

20210804_125420.jpg

Sponsored

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
If you have the money to spend anything to help with heat on this Roush blower will help, but with the numbers they show i wouldn't expect anything major from it. As ProShop mentioned there are other options to help keep iat2 down. After a few hwy pulls or one track pull on warm not even hot days it will pull power like crazy. I have had mine for a few months now and learning the ropes with this setup. When its runs it runs strong, but when it starts to pull power you feel like you drop a few hundred HP.

Also, stay away from the Roush coil covers. I put them on a few weeks ago and man, they will heat soak the car faster than driving on the sun. Glad i got them cheap on Ebay cause they are now garage decoration. They do make the engine bay look nicer though.

If you pull the trigger on the kit, do us Roush owners a favor. Log your IAT2 before and after the install so we have some real world data to see if the money is well spent or not.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm always skeptical of Killer Chiller's claims that it doesn't drip condensate, which is a big no no for drag strip.

In 95F florida heat, I find it hard to believe that the AC system could run without creating condensation and dripping somewhere.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
https://killerchiller.com/
Just like everything it had its pros and it’s cons but it has way more pros than cons for me.
I have this on my 2018 GT lowers IATs 30-35 degrees. Really when it is 100 + here in Texas sucking in 65-70 degree IATs while cruising. Be advised: It is a fucking pain in the ass system but when all the kinks get worked out it works great.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I have this on my 2018 GT lowers IATs 30-35 degrees. Really when it is 100 + here in Texas sucking in 65-70 degree IATs while cruising. Be advised: It is a fucking pain in the ass system but when all the kinks get worked out it works great.
Killer chiller?

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I'm always skeptical of Killer Chiller's claims that it doesn't drip condensate, which is a big no no for drag strip.

In 95F florida heat, I find it hard to believe that the AC system could run without creating condensation and dripping somewhere.
I can definitely see where you are coming from I’ll let you know once mine is installed. Mine is a DD and a street car so not a huge concern for me.

Sponsored

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
My Killer Chiller is great... here in FL heat my IAT2's are 30-40 degrees lower. I researched my installer and gave him the link to Primo's install video. I also had them custom make me a high side line.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
My Killer Chiller is great... here in FL heat my IAT2's are 30-40 degrees lower. I researched my installer and gave him the link to Primo's install video. I also had them custom make me a high side line.
That’s exactly what I’m having done!

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Terminator Cobras are big fans of chiller killers.... check out svtperformance.com for more detailed info, not specific to S550 of course but the system in general.
Sponsored