Sponsored

Thoughts on Ford Performance Oil Filter Adapter Kit 15'-17'

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Reading Galaxy's oil filter topic I just realized that our 16' has the spin on (very small) oil filter. Have reviewed the Ford Performance cartridge update conversion kit. By the looks of the size of the cartridge vs. the spin on it would provide a whole lot more filtering service area. Anyone here made the switch?

TIA, Rex
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I thought that the spin on filter was just fine. I never had an issue with. I correctly torqued it and berified the torque from time to time. I felt it was a superior filter, but it came with a little cost of the maintenance.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Spin on filter is just fine as long as you do what supplement says. Put oil on gasket, torque to proper specs. It ain't coming loose and to convert to the cartridge one is expensive. More than likely the only reason they went to that was because of those idiots that didn't put spin on filter on as required and filter coming loose and therefore blowing engine due to lose of oil.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Meh, I don’t think it’s
More than likely the only reason they went to that was because of those idiots that didn't put spin on filter on as required and filter coming loose and therefore blowing engine due to lose of oil.
This^^. I don’t think the cost of the swap is worth it personally. You’re not gaining performance or any other capability.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Speaking of Ford Performance , have they published a 2019 hard copy catalog ?
Sponsored