scregan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2023 Atlas Blue convertible
So what are people thoughts on this 2020 Shelby GT
Highly optioned ford with high Shelby options. 5,500 miles.
Carfax shows Ford buyback. Documentation shows engine blew & was replaced.
Carfax shows structural damage. No accident shown. Bent bracket identified by seller.
Should I run from it?
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
So, if I'm reading that correctly, you'd be the 3rd owner of a two-year-old car whose history includes a Ford buyback, aftermarket add-ons, a blown engine, unknown structural damage, and an unidentified bent bracket.

Is it at something like 10% of original MSRP?

OP
OP
scregan

scregan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I'd be the second owner. Car is a Shelby GT and MSRP from Shelby was aprox $120,000.
Asking a little over half that.

Banjoeyes76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mach1 M2502,'23 Scat Pack Shaker
I’d say run. Blown engine, structural damage, but no accident, sounds like a track day overdone. That’s a rough 5500 miles on a vehicle, engine replaced or not.

Sponsored

Banjoeyes76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mach1 M2502,'23 Scat Pack Shaker
The package is only $25k from Shelby if you send them your ‘21GT. I know they have a supercharged package, but not sure on the cost. I’d stay clear. For the money you could probably buy a used ‘21 and send it to Shelby. Just my .02

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/2282173

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
Unless you plan to hold on to that thing for a long time, and you're enamored by the color/style, I would run from it. You can find other Shelby GTs or even Super Snakes if you look hard enough. A dealership near me sold a 2020 Shelby GT for under $100k a few months ago, and just recently sold a 2019 Super Snake for $98,000. Neither of them were buy-backs or had reported issues. I believe both were under 4k miles as well.

OP
OP
scregan

scregan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
The package is only $25k from Shelby if you send them your ‘21GT. I know they have a supercharged package, but not sure on the cost. I’d stay clear. For the money you could probably buy a used ‘21 and send it to Shelby. Just my .02

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/2282173
Got the sheet from Shelby on the car. It was a loaded GT to start with & then has a lot of Shelby options.

OP
OP
scregan

scregan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Unless you plan to hold on to that thing for a long time, and you're enamored by the color/style, I would run from it. You can find other Shelby GTs or even Super Snakes if you look hard enough. A dealership near me sold a 2020 Shelby GT for under $100k a few months ago, and just recently sold a 2019 Super Snake for $98,000. Neither of them were buy-backs or had reported issues. I believe both were under 4k miles as well.
I would be happy with a high option GT Premium convertible, but not having luck finding one close to Minnesota.
Will probably pass on this one. I'm not concerned about the buy back or bent bracket, but it would probably make it hard to sell if I ever wanted to.

Sponsored

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
I would be happy with a high option GT Premium convertible, but not having luck finding one close to Minnesota.
Will probably pass on this one. I'm not concerned about the buy back or bent bracket, but it would probably make it hard to sell if I ever wanted to.
I bought my Super Snake knowing it was a Ford buyback (spark plugs were gapped incorrectly/fouled, threw CELs everywhere, and the previous owner didn't want to hassle with it). I don't plan on selling mine anytime soon, so I wasn't concerned with that either. Some people are though regardless of the issue.

I would definitely say that if you keep looking, you'll find one with a much cleaner history and fewer miles for a better price.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, only a 2020
For $120K not quite. Try half that price. This is starting off real bad. Unless its .25 cents on the dollar. Is it a salvage title? It should be with structural damage, ie: frame damage.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Lighting XLT, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1
I’d run from that as fast I could. With that kind of damage, and unexplained, not a good sign. Plus, the chances of you having problems are a lot higher and it could very well spend more time in the shop than you enjoying it.

Off topic, can you send a ‘19 GT to Shelby for them to turn into a Shelby GT?

OP
OP
scregan

scregan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
For $120K not quite. Try half that price. This is starting off real bad. Unless its .25 cents on the dollar. Is it a salvage title? It should be with structural damage, ie: frame damage.
Not salvage. Dealer buy back. This plus $8K brake upgrade.

Attachments

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Not salvage. Dealer buy back. This plus $8K brake upgrade.
Well it might as well be. Structural damage means frame in my book. What good are $8k brakes on a lemon .

I have bought frame damaged cars from the insurance company that did not have a salvage title. They have been fully repaired and back on the road with full disclosure and clear blue titles.

So you never know how badly they have been damaged by the title.

It has the Supercharger. Hence the higher price over the Shelby GT. You can bet this car was seriously thrashed given what you said the issues were.

At this point it's about price and risk. How much money are you willing to risk?

You asked.
Sponsored

Last edited: