Thoughts after 400 mi trip

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Finally put some real miles on the new Bullitt. Took a 400-mi trip up through Utah (where everything is open). Some observations:
-Average 24.7 mpg. That is a bit deceptive because it is mostly freeway driving. Still impressive for a 480 hp 3700 lb vehicle. And why do we pay GG tax??
-Recaros were marvelous. I know there's mixed opinions on them being racing seats (I had my reservations also) but I felt absolutely no soreness whatsoever. The extra bolstering made it feel like I was on my living room couch. In contrast, I took a similar trip in my Challenger Hellcat and didn't feel near as comfortable during or afterwards. And those seats are huge.
-Cruising at 80mph for hours in 99° ambient and the diff temp never went above 150. Do we have a diff cooler on this car?

I know this car isn't designed to be a highway cruiser, but I'm very impressed.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Great review; thanks. By the way, the Bullitt is 3,850 lbs, not 3,700; sorry to spoil your party. Ha ha. And glad you didn't regret getting the Recaros when living near Las Vegas (with no ventilation); no way I'd do that, but good to hear they're at least comfortable. Hope you enjoy it for a long time. I should be getting mine very soon :).

OP
OP
Usmc341

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Great review; thanks. By the way, the Bullitt is 3,850 lbs, not 3,700; sorry to spoil your party. Ha ha. And glad you didn't regret getting the Recaros when living near Las Vegas (with no ventilation); no way I'd do that, but good to hear they're at least comfortable. Hope you enjoy it for a long time. I should be getting mine very soon :).
Thanks. Even 3850 beats my Challenger's 4479 lol. Regarding the ventilated seats I had them on my last two cars and never even used them honestly. Car is garage kept and the air is blasting in the summer. I've sat in other Recaros (GT350, ZL1) and the ones in the Bullitt don't seem as "grippy" if that makes any sense. More daily driver friendly IMO.

Last edited:

number 6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks. Even 3850 beats my Challenger's 4479 lol. Regarding the ventilated seats I had them on my last two cars and never even used them honestly. Car is garage kept and the air is blasting in the summer. I've sat in other Recaros (GT350, ZL1) and the ones in the Bullitt don't seem as "grippy" if that makes any sense. More daily driver friendly IMO.
Coming from a 2019 Corvette I like the way the Recaro's held you more securely in the seat when cornering, then the regular seats, during my test drive.
But I couldn't give up all the other advantages with the Reg seats, plus paying $1,600 more.

I've had my Bullitt for 2 months and only used the vented seats once to try them out. Frankly the regular air-cond is enough for me.
We'll see when summer really hits, if they have any real value.
They do make a bit of extra noise because they have their own fan/condenser system built under the seat.
A lot of extra electronics to worry about.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Coming from a 2019 Corvette
Hey, I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, but how do you compare the C7 with the Bullitt? My last Vette was a C6 Grand Sport Black Anniv Edition (2012, I think), and I MUCH prefer the Bullitt to that Vette. And the Tremec tranny was defective, and didn't want to deal with replacing it (half the car has to be dismantled), so sold it early on. But curious how the Bullitt stacks up with the C7 in comfort, noise, performance, fuel mileage, etc. Thx.

By the way, just found out the Mustang only has a 16-gal tank; why the hell such a little tank? Geez Ford. My wife's 4-banger has 18.5. Man, that's almost motorcycle range. Ha ha. Oh well. Guess will have to stop as often as I do on my bike :D.

OP
OP
Usmc341

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Hey, I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, but how do you compare the C7 with the Bullitt? My last Vette was a C6 Grand Sport Black Anniv Edition (2012, I think), and I MUCH prefer the Bullitt to that Vette. And the Tremec tranny was defective, and didn't want to deal with replacing it (half the car has to be dismantled), so sold it early on. But curious how the Bullitt stacks up with the C7 in comfort, noise, performance, fuel mileage, etc. Thx.

By the way, just found out the Mustang only has a 16-gal tank; why the hell such a little tank? Geez Ford. My wife's 4-banger has 18.5. Man, that's almost motorcycle range. Ha ha. Oh well. Guess will have to stop as often as I do on my bike :D.
Don't feel bad my M2 only had 13.7. I feel blessed with 16 lol

number 6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Hi JC, I answered you in an email.
-Bob
Sponsored