jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I’m one of the lucky ones who has taken possession and got about 350miles on the GT500. I’m curious as to others that have had their car a bit of anything you discovered or thoughts on it. Yes I/we could just read owners manual but I thought we could share things we found.
The 1st thing I noticed, exhaust modes, I’m not hearing a bunch of changes in sound other than “quite mode” to “sport/track mode”? It might have 4 modes to choose from but it’s not a notable change in exhaust in different modes, again except going to quite.
Other thing I noticed but I think is totally normal, it will not shift out of 5 gear in “track mode” I’m assuming as the 6th and 7th are over drive gearing for MPG rating. There is a distinct change in engine mapping though in the 4 modes!! You really can feel the difference in all driving modes.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
The 1st thing I noticed, exhaust modes, I’m not hearing a bunch of changes in sound other than “quite mode” to “sport/track mode”? It might have 4 modes to choose from but it’s not a notable change in exhaust in different modes, again except going to quite.
I dont have a GT500, but stock GT active exhaust the difference between sport and track is nothing. and the difference between normal and track was a little more.... bass.... the difference between quiet and any other mode is noticeable. With the corsa its pretty much the same though its too loud for me in track mode now. i have it set in normal. Ive never used sport. i cant tell any difference at all between the others. Sounds like the modes on the GT500 are the same as the GT, quiet, sex (normal), pure sex(sport/track)

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
The one nice thing is it starts up in “sport/normal” and not quite! I wish my 350 did this.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
On my GT350 I would push the start button (no foot on brake) putting the car in old auxiliary mode. Change the exhaust mode to loud as I called it, then start the car. It was a nice sounding cold start.

I imagine the same can be done on the GT500. When I get mine, that will be the procedure for every start. LOL.

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
That is a nic
On my GT350 I would push the start button (no foot on brake) putting the car in old auxiliary mode. Change the exhaust mode to loud as I called it, then start the car. It was a nice sounding cold start.

I imagine the same can be done on the GT500. When I get mine, that will be the procedure for every start. LOL.
e feature, the 500 actually starts in normal mode at least and not the quite mode so you’re good to go on start up!

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I’m one of the lucky ones who has taken possession and got about 350miles on the GT500. I’m curious as to others that have had their car a bit of anything you discovered or thoughts on it. Yes I/we could just read owners manual but I thought we could share things we found.
Other thing I noticed but I think is totally normal, it will not shift out of 5 gear in “track mode” I’m assuming as the 6th and 7th are over drive gearing for MPG rating. There is a distinct change in engine mapping though in the 4 modes!! You really can feel the difference in all driving modes.
Ive got about 160 miles on mine. 120 of them were in the rain. 2 on the dyno lol
I agree, not much change in exhaust note.
Quiet is truly quiet, neighbors and wife will ove that, track is track, but only deeper than sport. normal and sport are the same to me.

I have not yet even been able to get to 6th on good pull. its been too wet and cold

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I wonder if the car actually has active noise cancelling? That would explain the lack of difference in the exhaust modes when heard from the cockpit. There was mention of noise canceling technology that used the radio to keep down the noise in the cockpit. It was used to cut down on droning . Maybe it was just for R&D, I noticed that they had installed resonators in the exhaust system and they may have used noise cancelling equipment to determine the frequencies ranges they needed to address.

How Ford Made the Mustang Shelby GT500 the Right Kind of Loud

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
If it is anything like the Roush Active I had on my last car, touring was quiet, track was full open, but sport was full open except on full throttle. Then it would partly close to keep it from getting to loudest (track). So essentially sport was full open 0-5,000 RPM, from there up the valves slightly close.
Sponsored