Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Ford should have gone with a NA version of the 5.2L in the GT500 and it could have been something special instead of a parts bin special.
Sponsored

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
Underwhelmed. As per usual, the A10 version doesn't get the same handling pack and better / larger wheels and tires (and the wheels being shown on the blue Mach 1 are pretty lame). The grill with the circles is akin to fake scoops, stickers are so-so (hard to really like), and no bump in power is disappointing and little bit lazy of Ford.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
The front bumper will be the biggest seller, not the car.
I'm pretty sure this will be the standard bumper with MY2021. We already saw spyshots of the bumper on a base model prototype.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
For me personally I would be quicker with a automatic or dual clutch compared to a manual on the track

The MX5 is cable-actuated is it not?
"most performance" is simply a matter of gearing. And only useful in a straight-line context which negates the need for the 'handling pack' by definition.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm pretty sure this will be the standard bumper with MY2021. We already saw spyshots of the bumper on a base model prototype.
Hopefully we'll see some more camo'd prototypes soon. I was also convinced they would make changes to the '21MY interior, as one of the prototypes had a covering over the dash. I guess it's possible, if there are changes, they just didn't want to reveal them now, as it could impact sales of the cooking versions for the next 6 months. Either that, or I'm just seeing things that aren't there!
21MY facelift 6.jpg
21MY facelift 7.jpg

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Ford should have gone with a NA version of the 5.2L in the GT500 and it could have been something special instead of a parts bin special.
That engine would have been the cherry on the cake. As it is, it's still looks to be a very tasty cake (in my opinion) :)

aerok

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Premium Tremec 3160 Torsen 3.73 Diff
I'm amazed it took Ford this long to add a package that includes the Tremec from the GT350. I'm extremely curious to see how much this "handling package" will add to the cost though. Definitely looking to eclipse the Bullitt in cost with all the stuff they've added. I also wonder if the extra trans cooler applies to the manual cars as well.
With tremec transmission definitely yes, it said, oil cooler, trans cooler and diff cooler....Finally!!!

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
Excellent news - especially with the much-needed coolers all around. Where the GT PP2 without them is a total limp-home fail for track events. And no fake scoops!
Only bad news is the missing rear Brembos... instead we're stuck with ye old tiny iron single-piston calipers... and lack of the GT350s complete brake system including 2-peice rotors. Maybe they'll offer the parts in the FP parts program.
Is this finally competitive with the Camaro SS 1LE? The Mustang is heavier by 200 pounds, is missing rear Brembos, and doesn't have the excellent Performance Data Recorder. But of course you can actually see out of it in all directions.
We'll have to wait for independent track tests but it should finally be close or narrowly ahead.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yes maybe that would be the case.
Just wondering how that plays out if the Mach 1 is limited run car?
Yeah, it worked for the Chevy's because they are standard production models. For a limited edition Ford is most likely not going to change mid run. They have had enough time with the A10 to determine if it could be used in an extreme track situation. I'm guessing they decided it didn't. Unless of course, it was a marketing decision. :)

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT / 68 Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
It's a good looking car, and falls just about where most thought it would. It's a 55-58K car decked out. Push 60k and it will collect cobwebs on lots. It's a good move for ford to keep the interest of the S550 up with a spike until the new model a few years down the line.

I'd put money on the Boss possibly making a showing... and that car being right at Shelby pricing...

Sponsored

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So is putting the Tremec in the Mach 1 a not-so-subtle admission by Ford that the MT82 really is garbage?

I'm thrilled they put the better transmission in the Mach 1. That dramatically increases the odds that I'd buy one (or try to, if dealers don't play the same ADM BS they did with the Bullitt). I wonder if the class action lawyers on the MT82 suit might use this as a bit of additional 'evidence' that Ford knew the MT82 was inadequate. It seems it might be a hard argument for Ford to make that the MT82 was fine for the 420 ft-lb of torque in the Mustang GT, but not for the 420 ft-lb of torque in the Mach 1.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'd put money on the Boss possibly making a showing... and that car being right at Shelby pricing...
Agreed. I think based on what they did/didn't do with this car, some of the press release comments, we're going to see a Boss, that's more of a "direct replacement" to the GT350 in terms of power, performance and yeah, probably price as well.

Start with a Mach I, 6-speed (Tremec) manual, Handling Package
+45HP / +400-ish RPM, with possibly a move to the 5.2L block
GT350 brakes
Rear seat delete option
Small aero tweaks / possible BIG aero/wing like the GT500 (but not CF)

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I'm a little underwhelmed. I am looking forward to possibly buying that front fascia for my car though. The GT350 style and GT500 style bumpers are nice, but I really like this one, and it's guaranteed to fit!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Is this finally competitive with the Camaro SS 1LE?
doubtful, on price alone unless Ford hits $45k. Then there's the issue of GM's vastly superior (on paper at least) driver-assist track modes (chassis stability, torque vectoring, brake yaw control) and Magneride tuning. But it's a decent step closer than before.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Finally, an '18+ front end I really like. And called it on the Bullitt engine carryover. That 525HP rumor was just laughable. This is the trickle down effect in FULL affect. Bringing lessons learned from the top dog down to a more modest and realistic level.
Sponsored