Sponsored

Things said to you at traffic light

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
My expectations would have been exactly the same, but reality was somewhat different.

My neighbor had an older R8 and that sounded really nice :sunglasses:

The Same neighbour now has a Gallardo and that sounds glorious, especially cold starts :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

That R8 on the forecourt was like it had had its balls chopped off ... 🤷‍♂️

I can't explain it - Newer model ? Tighter EU regulations ? Germans being restrained ?

An aftermarket exhaust would be a completely different story ... :devil:

Bear in mind the comments weren't mine, they were from the driver and passenger of the R8 :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
That's why when Tesla's try to give me crap, I know, the driver is seriously jealous of the sound a Mustang GT makes :sunglasses:
I collected my car on Tuesday. On Wednesday on a one way street with two lanes a Tesla X driver decided that he needed to show me just how fast his boat was. TBH I didn’t even notice it was a Tesla alongside me. (Out of the corner of my eye I thought it was a white Transit van it was that lardy) Anyway, I left him to it hoping that he felt a bit ridiculous when he realised he was the only one in the race.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
My expectations would have been exactly the same, but reality was somewhat different.

My neighbor had an older R8 and that sounded really nice :sunglasses:

The Same neighbour now has a Gallardo and that sounds glorious, especially cold starts :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

That R8 on the forecourt was like it had had its balls chopped off ... 🤷‍♂️

I can't explain it - Newer model ? Tighter EU regulations ? Germans being restrained ?

An aftermarket exhaust would be a completely different story ... :devil:

Bear in mind the comments weren't mine, they were from the driver and passenger of the R8 :like:

WD :like:
Definitely regs and cats killing off the sound of the V10 in the R8.
Hence, I suspect that's why the Gallardo sounds good.
The sad fact is the emissions regs requiring increasingly dense filters on the exhausts is killing the sound.

I collected my car on Tuesday. On Wednesday on a one way street with two lanes a Tesla X driver decided that he needed to show me just how fast his boat was. TBH I didn’t even notice it was a Tesla alongside me. (Out of the corner of my eye I thought it was a white Transit van it was that lardy) Anyway, I left him to it hoping that he felt a bit ridiculous when he realised he was the only one in the race.
Best way to play it in a new car and NA (Congrats on the new car, btw :thumbsup: ).

But in my case, Stage 2 Whipple means the Lambos and Teslas " Think " They're going to scalp a Mustang, just before, " uh-oh ", the Mustang ends up smoking them :like:

Mustangstephy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey Mach 1
Got a nod of approval from an Aston at the lights today 😁

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Got a nod of approval from an Aston at the lights today 😁
Nice!

This morning, a young boy was in a blue Porsche GT3 with his father. As a rolled up to the traffic light, the kid was like whoa

Sponsored

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Yesterday a girl in Durango R/T kept jumping forward at the stop light. I finally looked over at her and she said, "let's run them!" and started to brake torque. I just laughed at her. Sure, let's run them in black Friday traffic. When the light went green she hit the gas almost rear ending the car in front of her.

MMXX500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pedro
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500 21 Mach-E GT PE 22 Expd Stealth/F150 KR
Today, I was out driving about 30 mins outside of London. As usual, I ride with my window open regardless of the temperature because I want to listen to my engine. I stop at a light, next to me is a hot hatch, I don't pay much attention. The bloke waves/gives me a thumbs up, I return the gesture. He then rolls down his window and we have this exchange:
Other driver: Nice toy
Me: Thanks
Other driver: It's not fast
Me: (smiling) It's loud and fun
Other driver: I hired one in the States and was disappointed (no idea what model/year he's talking about)
Other driver: Now this (pointing to his own car) is fast, it has 258 hp
Me: (smile)

The light does green, I'm not going to race this clown, so I let him take off. Sometimes people make you laugh.
Was it in Essex?

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Today, same road as OP I come out of that light and me and a Landrover Discovery leave everybody else behind. As I approach the overpass, I slow down because I want to enjoy the sound. Landrover pulls up next to me, but I sense that he doesn't want to pass me. I look over. The guy lowers his window and smiles and puts his hand to his ear. I nod my head and point to the upcoming overpass. He stays right next to me with his window open. As soon as we get to the overpass, I floor it and then after a bit I engine brake for overrun. He comes up next to me, big grin on his face and gives me a big thumbs up.

It's nice when people appreciate these cars.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
sorry mate, I thought you were going to run the red light................................

PS - got it back today..

Sponsored
OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
sorry mate, I thought you were going to run the red light................................

PS - got it back today..
So glad you got your car back mate, is everything sorted out?

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
So glad you got your car back mate, is everything sorted out?
apart from the fight of blame for the accident yep pretty happy with the car itself. Managed to drive it home without stalling it! Damned auto box courtesy cars but left leg muscle memory won out on the day heh heh. Quite enjoyed shifting my own gears, hold it or not all down to me. Car was all shiny so got some looks from folks as i passed them. Didn't last long, took the muddiest route home (all back roads from garage) so now my freshly fixed car looks like it normally does in my ownership, manky! Driving it to work tomorrow so thats going to involve some crappy commuter traffic so see how long i enjoy the manual again. TBH, i'm glad that A10 is going back, not for me*

* i accept as a courtesy car it will not have had any recalls for A10 reprogramming, nor likely got the correct fluid level nor likely serviced properly but damn that thing could shift rougher than me in my manual

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
At least 258bhp in a hatch back is still sensible, It's when they say 4, 5 ,600 bhp. That's like building a 2 story extension on a chalet.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Today, stuck in very heavy traffic on A40. A guy pulls up in a red Toyota and says, "I rented one of those in Dubai and I think it's an absolutely brilliant car, enjoy it." I smiled and thanked him. 2 mins later he pulls along side me, traffic is stopped. He shows me his phone with pics of a yellow Mach 1 in Dubai. I smile and said that's very cool. These cars get so much love in the UK.