Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP, '16 F-150 5.0, '00 Town Car Cartier
Long time listener, first time caller.

Just installed this last night.

Wow! Just amazing. The sound, the power.

It really woke up my stock '15. Worth every dollar IMO.
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
No install pictures or sound clips??? OK....

OP
OP
Bri's_5.0

Bri's_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
No install pictures or sound clips??? OK....
Let me work on that, just for you. lol

I have had many 'vehicles', but until now I've never had a [stock] engine respond so easily to a [simple] bolt on.
In my life of bolt-ons, I would have to agree that this system is definitely top notch and extra power is present.

I chose this exhaust after many, many comments and reviews of other installs of the available products. Drone, crackle, too loud, swap these mufflers here, resonator delete there, etc. Blah, blah, blah... I wanted to throw up!

This exhaust is just beautiful. It's mine and no one is paying me for my comments here.

It, to me, has a very distinct sound. Throttle it nicely, and it has manners but you can hear it (which I could hardly hear the stock system..at any RPM!).
Get into it and it lights up with a controlled crackle, depending how you shift, and I love it. Drive nice and it sounds nice, too.
Half to full throttle and just enjoy it at that point and you'll get someone's attention if that's what you want. It's controllable and livable but I don't drive it daily either.
Where it proved to me was on the freeway...No drone whatsoever. Period. Can I hear it? For sure, but my ear drums aren't rattling out of my head at all. It's exactly what is promised by Thermal R&D and I think was well worth it and they came through with a nice product.

I've listened to all of the nice companies exhausts clips and they're all cool.
But this one rumbles correctly like this car should at idle and sings like a Supercar at 7K.
It's something that I consider a very nice upgrade.

And I'll work on a video or something. It's 35 degrees in Michigan...

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I've got the Krona which is essentially the same thing. Running it currently with catless long tubes. Sounds really awesome and super loud.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bri's_5.0

Bri's_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I can't help to say this exhaust has an almost exotic or super car note.
My coworkers, which mostly consist of gear heads like myself, are really impressed with the way it sounds.

It's nice to have something like this to really bring out the wild animal in my new Mustang.

I can't say enough about the seat of the pants feel. Drove it to work today (30 degrees), and even though it won't hook, I can definitely feel the extra grunt. Second gear pulls hard and much faster, but third is the power gear on smooth pavement. Nice, linear power all the way to red line.

Time to start looking at better tires for this summer... :inspect:

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I’ve ran Thermal for years and reached out to them so many times about a active exhaust option for the 18+. It was by far the best sounding exhaust on a Focus ST, and loved it on my FRS. Like you said, it’s got this exotic characteristic to it. No drone on either of my older cars and the perfect tone. If they ever come out with a active I’d drop the corsa in a heart beat

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Thermal R&D on my 2017. The sound is awesome. Absolutely no drone. Maybe a tab supercar rasp. On the highway, I can easily hold a conversation with a passenger.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have a Thermal R&D on my 2017. The sound is awesome. Absolutely no drone. Maybe a tab supercar rasp. On the highway, I can easily hold a conversation with a passenger.
I have it on my 2017. Absolutely perfect sound in my opinion. Very well done full 3" stainless system. Has anyone paired up long tubes with it?

Sponsored

Pi3rcito

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Pierre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Really tempted to get one of these catbacks cause it sounds pretty damn good in all of the videos that I’ve seen so far.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Really tempted to get one of these catbacks cause it sounds pretty damn good in all of the videos that I’ve seen so far.
I see you are in CA. If you are in Socal I can show you mine.

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
I really appreciate the offer but unfortunately I’m nowhere near SoCal I’m actually near San Francisco.
Pull the trigger, you won't regret it. Contact Mike Mak @ TPS Motorsports 408.898.4632 in San Jose. That is who recommend and I subsequently purchased my Thermal from. When I spoke to him, I told him I wanted no drone or rasp; that I wanted the old school flowmaster sound. He felt Thermal fit the bill the best. I have zero regrets! Maybe Mike can hook you up with another local to hear. I am no longer in SJ otherwise, I would have also offered to meet at Alice's or something so you could hear.

Pi3rcito

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Pierre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Pull the trigger, you won't regret it. Contact Mike Mak @ TPS Motorsports 408.898.4632 in San Jose. That is who recommend and I subsequently purchased my Thermal from. When I spoke to him, I told him I wanted no drone or rasp; that I wanted the old school flowmaster sound. He felt Thermal fit the bill the best. I have zero regrets! Maybe Mike can hook you up with another local to hear. I am no longer in SJ otherwise, I would have also offered to meet at Alice's or something so you could hear.
I really appreciate the info and help! I’ll reach out to Mike tomorrow and see what he says. Thank you
Sponsored