OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Just finished reading my copy and loved it. Great job with all the research and effort.

- Owner of Bullitt L2387
Thanks for your support! If you want, feel free to join the virtual meeting this week with the second group of Ford engineers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BULLITT BOOK CLUB ROLLS ON! (Mustang Engineers Discussion on Wed, 9-9-2020, at 8pm US Eastern time)

I've opened up 8 more spots for tomorrow's discussion with Team Mustang engineers who worked on the 2001, 2008-09, and 2019-20 Bullitts. Talk with Nick Terzes, Shawn Carney, and Tom Barnes about their roles and stories of engineering these vehicles. Recall that I've been hosting virtual meetings with people who contributed to Mustang Bullitt - Generations.

If you have previously signed up for this, no need to re-register. If you haven't, use this form - https://forms.gle/fSWeQhc5rPyV4vzv7

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I had the time tomorrow, Iā€™d love to see this.
It was recorded and will be posted on the book website within the next week or so.

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BULLITT BOOK CLUB SCHEDULE UNTIL WED, OCT 14, 2020!

I have a full schedule of people who contributed their stories and insights to Mustang Bullitt - Generations. The registration form has new entries denoted by an asterisk (*) in front of upcoming sessions.

* Wednesday, Sep 16 - Greg Dabkowski, Mike Laney, Gary Fite, Sean Kiernan, Danny Whitfield ("The 4 Bullitts")
* Wednesday, Sep 23 - Paul Rocha and Charles Jones of Hoondog Performance Group, Sean Kiernan (Bullitt Nationals)
* Wednesday, Sep 30 - Brad Bowling, Donald Farr, John Clor (Mustang Authors Forum)
* Wednesday, Oct 7 - Chuck and Renee Heath, Aaron Duncan (The "RetroBullitt")
* Wednesday, Oct 14 - Jesse Foster (The 2019 Kona Blue Bullitt)

Join me next week when we talk about "The 4 Bullitts" during the book club. As a bonus, you will get a link to a hi-res downloadble version of a picture of the original 559 movie car together with all 3 models built in tribute to it.

Don't miss out!! Register here - https://forms.gle/fSWeQhc5rPyV4vzv7 1599861856449.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Book Club WINDING DOWN (Wed, Oct 14 and Oct 21, 2020)
There are 3 remaining Bullitt Book Club sessions in the next two weeks. One of them is set at a time that is "UK and Europe timezone friendly," meaning my presenters will be getting on to Zoom at 2:00pm US Eastern time. If you have not already done so, please register to get the Zoom link to these meetings.

NEW GUEST ADDITIONS on Wed, Oct 14, 2020, 8pm US Eastern: Bob Adams and Joe Day of Steeda will discuss the Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt. This adds to the already scheduled guest who owns the 2019 Kona Blue Bullitt from Ford (Jesse Foster).

UK/EUROPE TIMEZONE FRIENDLY on Wed, Oct 14, 2020, 2pm US Eastern (7pm Greenwich Mean Time, 8pm Central European Time): Nick Terzes, Shawn Carney, and Tom Barnes of Ford Motor Company discuss the engineering of the 2001, 2008-09, and 2019-20 Bullitts. They have graciously agreed to meet during their normal working hours so that Bullitt enthusiasts in the GMT and CET timezones can meet them during their evening.

FINAL MEETING on Wed, Oct 21, 2020, 8pm US Eastern: Alex Oas, producer of the film and Web documentary series Let's Be Frank, will talk about his experiences to capture the Bullitt enthusiast lifestyle in video. He was profiled in the Bullittheads chapter of Mustang Bullitt - Generations.

If you haven't done so, register here. Hope to see you!

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Is there any chance that the expanded edition will get a 2nd printing? From this thread, I think there would be some interest...

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there any chance that the expanded edition will get a 2nd printing? From this thread, I think there would be some interest...
Unfortunately we had a limited run of the expanded edition ā˜¹ I'm a self-funded author, so I could only afford so many copies.

That said, if you want a lot of details on the original movie cars and the movie itself, Matt Stone wrote this book. A portion of that content was covered in the 24-page supplement called Bullitt Time that made up the expanded edition. Bullitt, Matt's book. has a longer look.

I wrote Mustang Bullitt - Generations to focus on the evolution of the 3 Ford feature cars. It, of course, makes reference to the movie cars. Bullitt talks more about the movie cars and the movie production but it makes reference to the feature cars. You can think of these 2 books as providing a detailed look at everything.

The standard edition of Mustang Bullitt - Generations is available for purchase, although it likely will sell out before the end of 2021.
Sponsored