Sponsored

There Will Be More About the 2019 Bullitt in This Upcoming Book

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just caught up with this thread. So only 160 out of 500 sold? Come on guys, we can get all 500 sold for Tony :D. I'm going to order the expanded edition right now. I want the sticker attached to the upper left side of the inside cover once swung open (makes sense?). And of course signed by Tony, so one of my girls can sell the book for thousands of dollars in the future. Ha ha.

EDIT: Just ordered; as promised. Order# 534135076. Thank you for writing this Tony, and for the forum :).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Received mine last week too. And yeah, not sure how long I'll be able to hold on to that bag with the sticker once I put that book goes out on the coffee table and my SIL's start looking through the book.
Bullitt Book.JPG
Contact me via PM regarding your number. Thanks!

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just caught up with this thread. So only 160 out of 500 sold? Come on guys, we can get all 500 sold for Tony :D. I'm going to order the expanded edition right now. I want the sticker attached to the upper left side of the inside cover once swung open (makes sense?). And of course signed by Tony, so one of my girls can sell the book for thousands of dollars in the future. Ha ha.

EDIT: Just ordered; as promised. Order# 534135076. Thank you for writing this Tony, and for the forum :).
When you get your book, contact me regarding your number :) They get applied ahead of time.

As far as thousands go, hahahaha!

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for your interest in Mustang Bullitt - Generations. The three feature cars from Ford continue to elicit excitement, especially with the production and sale of the 2020 Ford Mustang Bullitt currently underway.
I've heard from owners and enthusiasts around the world about the passion for the Mustang variant that celebrates the movie Bullitt and Steve McQueen. Hopefully you see that passion in what I've included in Mustang Bullitt - Generations if you received it already.

Now is definitely the time to order. The print run is 1000 copies worldwide. Of those 1000 copies, 500 of them are numbered and designated as the expanded edition. The expanded edition includes a 24-page supplement on both Bullitt movie cars that inspired the feature cars. Bullitt Time, written by Mustang experts Brad Bowling and Kevin Marti, is bundled with Mustang Bullitt - Generations, expanding the story scope.

Right now, over 400 of 1000 copies have been sold, with over 300 of those being the expanded edition. Use the links below to order. Either edition is available for mailing worldwide via the US Postal Service. Please keep in mind that some delivery times can be extended because of the current pandemic.

If you have any questions after you order, please direct them to [email protected]. That is where you can get help most efficiently. The books are handled by a distributor, so many times I might not personally be able to answer questions, although I do try!

standard edition (144 page softcover book):
https://www.fmb-generations.com/store/p1/Mustang_Bullitt_-_Generations_Standard_Edition.html#/

expanded edition (144 page softcover book + 24 page softcover supplement, numbered)
https://www.fmb-generations.com/store/p2/Mustang_Bullitt_-_Generations_Expanded_Edition.html#/

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Just received my belated Fathers day gift book "164/500". Awesome, the additional info in the extended booklet with movie script and copies of Steve's letters blew me away.

Agree, the nice sticker with VIN number and book number on the plastic wrap caused a dilemma for me, do I open it? What if I loose the wrapper? ::crying:

To hell with it I'm opening it like a kid at Christmas! :D:blush::blush:

Maybe leave the sticker on the backing paper and insert inside the wrapper and let the owner choose whether to and where to affix to the book?

Well done on producing this and looking forward to reading it cover to cover over the weekend once pesky things like work get out of the way.

John

Last edited:

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Wanted to read mine this weekend too, but it has been sitting in Dallas for days. Oh well. At least it doesn't seem to be lost, so will have to wait another week :).

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just received my belated Fathers day gift book "164/500". Awesome, the additional info in the extended booklet with movie script and copies of Steve's letters blew me away.

Agree, the nice sticker with VIN number and book number on the plastic wrap caused a dilemma for me, do I open it? What if I loose the wrapper? ::crying:

To hell with it I'm opening it like a kid at Christmas! :D:blush::blush:

Maybe leave the sticker on the backing paper and insert inside the wrapper and let the owner choose whether to and where to affix to the book?

Well done on producing this and looking forward to reading it cover to cover over the weekend once pesky things like work get out of the way.

John
Glad you got it, John. If you are interested in a sticker for your 2 books, send me a PM. I hope your work gets out of the way sooner rather than later :)

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Book Club - Bullitt Time and Little Pieces (Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 8:00pm US Eastern time)

Join my panel and me for some Bullitt discussion based on the contents of the Mustang Bullitt - Generations expanded edition. My guests are Brad Bowling, Kevin Marti, Sean Kiernan, and Ken Horstmann.

Meet and chat with them about their contributions to the creation of Bullitt Time, the 24-page supplement bundled with Mustang Bullitt - Generations. Bullitt Time discusses Brad and Kevin's experiences with the two cars used in Bullitt's filming. The back cover of Bullitt Time provides a quick promotional preview of Little Pieces, the upcoming documentary about 559, the car previously owned by the Kiernan family.

The first 20 people who send me their email address will get the link to the Zoom virtual meeting room. Whether you've read Mustang Bullitt - Generations and Bullitt Time or are considering a purchase, this is a great time to go behind the scenes and meet the people who make these publications engaging.

upload_2020-7-24_17-15-17.jpeg

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE: All slots filled as of noon Eastern time, 7-25-2020

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BULLITT BOOK CLUB CONTINUES

Announcing a Multi-Week Lineup for Aug and Sep, 2020 (Wednesdays, 8:00pm US Eastern)

Join my panels and me for Bullitt discussion based on the contents of the Mustang Bullitt - Generations standard edition. My guests vary by week and include Bullitt owners and Ford Motor Company engineers. Meet and chat with them about their contributions to Mustang Bullitt - Generations.

Aug 19 - Hoondog Performance Group (Paul Rocha, Charles Jones)
Aug 26 - 2001 Bullitt Owners (John Hannon, Craig Roberts Jr., James Reedy)
Sep 2 - Mustang Chief Engineers (Art Hyde - 2001, Paul Randle - 2008-09, Carl Widmann - 2019-20)
Sep 9 - Mustang Engineers (Nick Terzes - 2001, Shawn Carney - 2008-09, Tom Barnes - 2008-09, 2019-20)

Whether you've read Mustang Bullitt - Generations or are considering a purchase, this is a great time to go behind the scenes and meet the people who made the contents meaningful.

Use the link below to sign up. The first twenty (20) people who register for a given session will be sent the Zoom virtual meeting link. Act now to get your your spot!

Register here

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
REMINDER: Bullitt Book Club Tomorrow, Wed, 8-19-2020, 8pm US Eastern (A Few Spots Remaining)

Join Hoondog Performance Group members Paul Rocha, Charles Jones, Treva Gonzales, Greg Autry and me for a panel discussion on the enthusiast reactions to the Mustang Bullitt. Listen to recollections of the first Bullitt Nationals, the 2008 Bullitt launch, the Red Bullitt, and the 50th anniversary Rt. 66 tour in 2018. These stories are included in Mustang Bullitt - Generations.

Register here to get the Zoom meeting link - https://forms.gle/fSWeQhc5rPyV4vzv7

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Book Club - Talk with Ford Engineers on Wed, Sep 2, and Wed, Sep 9, 2020!

Spots remain for my virtual meetings with people who contributed to Mustang Bullitt - Generations. We've had some fun discussions the past weeks, and more sessions are being planned for the remainder of September. If you have ever wanted to talk directly to the Ford Motor Company people involved with the 2001, 2008-09, and 2019-20, take advantage of this opportunity! It doesn't cost anything!

Sep 2 - Mustang Chief Engineer Forum (Art Hyde - 2001, Paul Randle - 2008-09, Carl Widmann 2019-20)
Sep 9 - Mustang Development Engineer Forum (Nick Terzes - 2001, Shawn Carney - 2008-09, Tom Barnes - 2008-09, 2019-20) Sign up here - https://forms.gle/fSWeQhc5rPyV4vzv7

Mustfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Custom Pack
Read some Bullitt owner tales! Over seventy people submitted entries for possible inclusion in Mustang Bullitt - Generations. While I couldn't select all of them, the book website will feature what people provided.
https://www.fmb-generations.com/stories.html
Tony, I’ve found this thread fascinating and although knowing about these tribute cars, I didn’t realise the following these cars have in the USA as obviously until the latest model we didn’t get these cars unless imported. Thanks for adding the owner stories I’ve enjoyed reading them on your link.
Thought you may like to see the following pictures I took at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in UK at the launch of the current Bullitt in 2018 on the Ford stand.
The original movie car was also there doing the rounds and I felt privileged being able to see & touch the actual car.
As a promotion later in the day, both cars drove up the Goodwood hill climb together.

F6-D6-F285-E148-452-B-A73-E-ADD6-BE8074-A4.png

284-B8-D33-A9-DE-4-CEE-A9-C7-9-D779-E02897-E.png

8376-AD10-1028-448-D-A454-91-E06-DD89-CC2.png

this tuner car was also on display which I thought looked amazing and too good not to include. It’s a fantastic Car event to attend and this is one show I’ll always remember

AEAE3404-5-FDE-49-C9-BE88-7-D280-BDCC8-A9.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tony, I’ve found this thread fascinating and although knowing about these tribute cars, I didn’t realise the following these cars have in the USA as obviously until the latest model we didn’t get these cars unless imported. Thanks for adding the owner stories I’ve enjoyed reading them on your link.
Thought you may like to see the following pictures I took at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in UK at the launch of the current Bullitt in 2018 on the Ford stand.
The original movie car was also there doing the rounds and I felt privileged being able to see & touch the actual car.
As a promotion later in the day, both cars drove up the Goodwood hill climb together.

this tuner car was also on display which I thought looked amazing and too good not to include. It’s a fantastic Car event to attend and this is one show I’ll always remember
Thanks for sharing these pictures! Those are epic photos of an epic event in the life of the 559 movie car. Many of us who were around for the first iteration believe that part of the success of the model was grounded in the owner reaction. Ford took a chance back in the early 2000s to produce it, given the 4th gen Mustang was only a few years away from being totally replaced. The 2001 Bullitts had a small but loyal core of people. When we saw the 2008 model, more people came into the fold, and then when the 2019 was announced, we were glad to see Ford spread the enthusiasm worldwide.

Droog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Just finished reading my copy and loved it. Great job with all the research and effort.

- Owner of Bullitt L2387
Sponsored