Sponsored

The whipple wait

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah, I think its a frustrating combination of all factors. High demand, limited materials and with them being in Cali, maybe a bit of labor limitation too. I don't know how many they typically sell over a holiday sale weekend but if they did get 600 BF orders, that could be overwhelming for a production staff used to making far less.
Based on the info I'm reading here I'll be lucky if i get mine in 4 months time.
When did you order yours?
Sponsored

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When did you order yours?
Dec 5th. So once they fill the BF orders they'll start working on mine and the other orders that came in after.

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Dec 5th. So once they fill the BF orders they'll start working on mine and the other orders that came in after.
We are nearly the same date - I'm one week apart I believe...so you think four full months eh? That puts us into April...

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We are nearly the same date - I'm one week apart I believe...so you think four full months eh? That puts us into April...
I'm thinking close to the end of March.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vert

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
I'm thinking close to the end of March.
I ordered mine on 11/28 and I'm still waiting. Hoping to get info on shipping either through BCR or FedEx next week. I've been playing the planning game with weekend projects. I should finish up landscaping this weekend and then it was supposed to be the whipple install and after that I need to build a deck. GF is pushing for the deck and I can't hold her of much longer, lol.

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
VideoCapture_20210316-172702.jpg

20210316_201123.jpg

Well mine arrived yesterday. Delivered by UPS and ordered on 11/27.
Tell you what guys- I was surprised by the amount of stuff included with this unit. The SC itself is gorgeous but I am amazed by the sheer quantity of all the brackets, hoses, bolts kits, pumps, widgets, and dodads included with this. I have spent my career in Automotive OEM, Automotive aftermarket, and now Aerospace manufacturing and at the sub $8000 price tag I would suspect that they don't have much of a margin on this. Hats off to Whipple.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine on 11/28 and I'm still waiting. Hoping to get info on shipping either through BCR or FedEx next week. I've been playing the planning game with weekend projects. I should finish up landscaping this weekend and then it was supposed to be the whipple install and after that I need to build a deck. GF is pushing for the deck and I can't hold her of much longer, lol.
Sounds like you have a lot of honey-do's. Tell her a Whipple waits for no one and your schedule may clear up pretty quickly (LOL).

11/28 is still within the Black Friday time frame so you should be part of that initial backlog their filling. I'll use you as a gauge for mine.

I've done my mods myself and really wanted to do the Whipple too but I went thru a local speed shop to get the 3/36,000 warranty and have the Sprocket/OPG done (just doing Stage 1 kit) then afterwards Whipple tells me they don't have a company handling the warranty so I'm waiting on them to work that out too.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

20210316_201123.jpg

Tell you what guys- I was surprised by the amount of stuff included with this unit. The SC itself is gorgeous but I am amazed by the sheer quantity of all the brackets, hoses, bolts kits, pumps, widgets, and dodads included with this. I have spent my career in Automotive OEM, Automotive aftermarket, and now Aerospace manufacturing and at the sub $8000 price tag I would suspect that they don't have much of a margin on this. Hats off to Whipple.
WhooHoo!! Congrats man. She is purdy and that is a lot of parts.

Vert shouldn't be to far behind yours then, gives us all hope for a Christmas in March.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP

20210316_201123.jpg

Agreed! Super impressed your UPS guy is carrying the boxes! My FedEx guy was a wimp and used a hand truck. 😄

The shop I'm using wrapped up my OPG/CS and Whipple install! The shop owner data logged the car and thought there was a small vacuum leak. Smoke tested the car, no sign of any leaks. Talked to Whipple and they want some logs sent to them. That's where I'm currently at...That is usually my luck with these things, always something! Hoping it gets ironed out soon.

Sponsored

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Agreed! Super impressed your UPS guy is carrying the boxes! My FedEx guy was a wimp and used a hand truck. 😄

The shop I'm using wrapped up my OPG/CS and Whipple install! The shop owner data logged the car and thought there was a small vacuum leak. Smoke tested the car, no sign of any leaks. Talked to Whipple and they want some logs sent to them. That's where I'm currently at...That is usually my luck with these things, always something! Hoping it gets ironed out soon.
Make sure they used rtv instead of the useless gasket at the throttle body

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Make sure they used rtv instead of the useless gasket at the throttle body
Thanks. I know others have had issues with that gasket and mentioned the rtv to them. I’m sure they’ll get it figured out.

OP
OP
Vert

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Sounds like you have a lot of honey-do's. Tell her a Whipple waits for no one and your schedule may clear up pretty quickly (LOL).

11/28 is still within the Black Friday time frame so you should be part of that initial backlog their filling. I'll use you as a gauge for mine.

I've done my mods myself and really wanted to do the Whipple too but I went thru a local speed shop to get the 3/36,000 warranty and have the Sprocket/OPG done (just doing Stage 1 kit) then afterwards Whipple tells me they don't have a company handling the warranty so I'm waiting on them to work that out too.
I've already explained to her I'll be spending 3 solid days in the garage molding. I'll be doing some engine detailing, painting and adding a new chin spoiler.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know about the TB gasket, hadn't heard that.

Any of you guys paint or powdercoat yours? With everything on my car being black I want to add some subtle red accents. Thought about having the raised ribbing painted but figured it would be too Spiderman-ish so now leaning to the two Whipple logo's on top done in red.

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Good to know about the TB gasket, hadn't heard that.

Any of you guys paint or powdercoat yours? With everything on my car being black I want to add some subtle red accents. Thought about having the raised ribbing painted but figured it would be too Spiderman-ish so now leaning to the two Whipple logo's on top done in red.
I have the same plan. I have red leather interior and red pinstriping on the exterior so thought about hitting the emblems on the cover with some red.
Sponsored