Sponsored

The wait is over, she is here and I love her!

Pong Lenis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt auto custom packet
ok cool
as long as your loaded i suppose it dont matter..i'll not touch mine and get a 2018 mustang or camaro..
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
ok cool
as long as your loaded i suppose it dont matter..i'll not touch mine and get a 2018 mustang or camaro..

You'd be very unlucky to break one with a well known tune and bolt-ons, don't think there has being one single failure yet, even supercharged all that has failed is OPG, upgrade those and your good to go.

But of course warranty is peace of mind for many. :)

Pong Lenis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt auto custom packet
here they are bastards regarding warranty claims..
mine has axlebacks i hope that's ok if i need a claim?

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
here they are bastards regarding warranty claims..
mine has axlebacks i hope that's ok if i need a claim?
They fixed my oil cooler and my car was tuned, CAI, exhaust, suspension, bodykit etc.

Here in the UK and USA warranty is intact on the basis the modification did not cause the failure.

Most of here in the UK are running around on lowered suspension setups, CAI's, tunes, exhaust and no one has had any warranty issues. But warranty issues so far are mainly oil coolers, puddle lamps, heating system I think.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
They fixed my oil cooler and my car was tuned, CAI, exhaust, suspension, bodykit etc.

But warranty issues so far are mainly oil coolers, puddle lamps, heating system I think.
Please tell Gibbo.. what have been the issues with heaters and oil coolers? Have they fixed the issue at source or just waiting for warranty claims?

On the subject of Warranty.. some companies will void your warranty if you as much as clean the transport gunge off the engine bay. My GT86 came with green gunk all over the TB, ABS and front covers. I took it off as it attracts dirt and debris, remains very sticky and looks crap.. I voided my warranty, oh, and I will be voiding my warranty on the GT too.

Sponsored

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
ok cool

Rudolph just keep away from the sink pictures

Gibbo he is winding you up

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine goes in first thing in the morning, full dash out to fit new loom for climate control fix.Had to wait for the loom to be made as no part off the shelf.Actually it was quicker than I thought, heater and direction flow works when it wants.Big problem in the states with evaporator core failure and no AC but mine appears to be ok, but my failure was the electrical connection to the control.

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
I'm fitting air suspension to mine and then it's going back to have a new gearbox fitted under warranty.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to whoever it was who recommended Adrian Flux as they just quoted me £490 covering all modifications and NCB protected with courtesy car and European cover. :)

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Mines going in end of month for Kooks headers cats clutch prop driveshafts coilovers mgw shifter new Brakes all under Warranty ha ha ha

Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Thanks to whoever it was who recommended Adrian Flux as they just quoted me £490 covering all modifications and NCB protected with courtesy car and European cover. :)
I've been quoted £120 by ensure for a stock GT, but then I'm very old!! When I had my S197 I had to change companies every year as they went up so much for the "next year". I expect it'll be the same with this one, especially when the mods start coming!!

Going back a few posts, please tell, what have the heater and oil cooler issues been all about?

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there

Had a chat with [MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] today about headers, hope you get well soon buddy.

Decided due to the extreme cost of headers right now £1500-£2000 and the absolute royal pain in the rear to fit them, decided to give the de-cat route a try like the American guys do.

Problem with this is we know our manifolds are crippled to the extent of at least 20BHP, US guys tend to gain around 30HP from headers or 15-25HP from just de-cats.

So I can expect 20HP for sure, maybe more depending on what is limited the flow on a UK more, header or cats, only one way to find out.

Had a chat with Enoch, he is going to speak with his exhaust guy and I rang a local place that makes exhaust and they are saying around £250 fitted and they will make the old cats so I can swap them in and out at will. :)

For the money its worth a try, I can see what gains they make compared to my last run and that will give us what we can expect. We can then see what gains Enoch makes over 450BHP as anything over will be down to headers, I am predicting 40-50HP for the full header setup Enoch has and bear in mind it has cats.

At under £300 its worth a try and could be the cheaper option for those who want some extra horses and more noise. :D

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Like the idea of a de-cat, something I've done in the past with good results:thumbsup: Will be interested to see how many ponies they release for such a relatively simple mod:shrug:

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like the idea of a de-cat, something I've done in the past with good results:thumbsup: Will be interested to see how many ponies they release for such a relatively simple mod:shrug:
It is risky, I did it on my last Mustang, it sounded aweful, the car lost all tone and just turned into noise, so I quickly put cats back in. :(

Listened to videos, on Corsa Extreme it sounds pretty aweful, all noise, but Corsa do state the Extreme is designed for those who don't intend to fit headers or de-cats in the future, its designed to be loud as a solo system. So headers and de-cats really just turn it into huge noise, some like it, I think it sounds junk.

Only found one video with the Sport system and it is just idle and take off, sounds pretty much the same as mine does now, maybe a touch louder which I'd not mind at all, depends what it is like at WOT, but it seems fine under 3000rpm which is very important as don't need it screaming all the time.

Gonna stick my finger in the air and say 20HP, but so much us unknown about UK/RHD headers and what is robbing the power, the design, different cats, too much unknown, gain could be as low as 10HP or as high as 40HP.

I shall see what exhaust place says next week as I need it 100% reversible and I am budgeting around £300, don't want to spend more in case its a useless modification and I need to go back to cats. :)

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
If it turns out to noisy you could always chuck a couple of 100cell or 200cell cats back in just to take the edge off it..:)
Sponsored